your first DRIFT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swampslide615 View Post
    Ummm im not tryin to be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* but yall are POWERSLIDING not drifting

Drifting is a intentional form of driving, IN A RWD car.

Drifting is not, accidently sliding in the rain in a FWD car.

Im just trying to let you guys know, because people are gonna make you feel like crap if you think your drifting and you brag about it, but your not drifting.
    Your just pulling the ebrake in the rain.
    Read the drifting technique section, or the Newbies section of the site.
    OR watch the "Drift Bible" on youtube
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    SWAMPLAND

I dunno i never have really drifted before but your so called term for "powersliding" sounds a lot like drifting. I mean when your drifting you are basically just controlling the oversteer of your car. who made you god to say what drifting was and wasn't anyways.

Comment

My first drift was in a front wheel drive :O
      I was borrowing my moms 2006 pontiac G6 GT for the night and we were on our way home at about 11:30pm on a downhill S-curve my brother who was with me asked if it was possible to drift a FWD. I told him it wasnt and he said "well have you ever tried?" I realized then that I have never actually tried to drift ever! I knew how from reading about it and watching other people do it. So I went into the first curve at about 40 in 2nd. I know that I had to shift the weight up front so I down shifted to 1st and flicked the wheel into the turn and ripped the e-brake for about a second and the back end being as heavy as it is swung out no problem. I slid through the first curve a little sloppy, but as soon as I was through the curve I had to turn into the next which upset the balance of the car greatly and I went through the curve beautifully! I exited the S-curve at about 25, if only it was RWD

Comment

My first drift was when I was delivering tofu in my dad's AE86 on Mount Akina.

Comment

my first type of drift was a bracking type of drift and it was on dirt

Comment

scary as heck! but i pulled it off i though i initiated too early and i though i was going to hit the curb.lol oh and it was by down shifting at high rpm and letting the tires lock up on there own to offset my cars balance to start the drift. it was in my n/a auto supra.
            Last edited by my88supra; 12-20-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

My first drift was in my 91 rx7...automatic. I know I know!!! Back then I hated everything manual. We went to some small warehouse area, and would drift around the corner. I pulled the e-brake and..yea, got a tad sideways, but again, it's an auto, sooo I wouldn't call it a drift. If I could try again, I would.

Comment

Parking lot of my school in my 240sx s14, was kinda just throwing it around and having fun.

Comment

fist drift for me was in my 85 RX7 Gsl se. Loved that car. I would turn around neigborhood corners and dump the clutch from 1st into 2nd. It would kick out to the side a little. It was fun! I wouldnt realy call it drifting. It just got sideways a little.

Comment

Working...
                  X