Please read!! Need Urgent Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please read!! Need Urgent Help!

Okay since all of you have seen the damage to the Hyundai, I need your help!!!

There was a street full of cars coming from D1GP and I need to find a witness to the accident. Many cars looked like show cars, so if you know anyone that was there and saw it PLEASE contact me.

Basically it went like this...

At 7:22PM My BF was driving my car and we were coming out of the driveway of Jack in the Box, going to make a left turn out to Cherry Ave. The street (Southbound Cherry Ave) is completely stopped with cars on the right side, so 3 lanes full of cars and a red light. To our left were 2 lanes closest to us filled with stopped cars.

A mustang facing northbound was making a left turn into the JITB and traffic let him through, so in turn we were let through as well. We stopped in the 2nd lane and then inched forward to look, and BAM we get slam by a Mitsubishi Galant.

Basically this guy was speeding into the redlight and we need to prove it. With yours or maybe a friends help, we can do it. He was quite rude to us, cussing and trying to belittle us because we look young. I absoluetely believe he was speeding because he was constantly checking his watch and saying we're Fing late now.

Of course IF he was going the speed limit, why didn't the car behind him crash too?? If he was going the speed limit he would have just turned the wheel slightly to the left and avoided us. He was the only car to slam on the brakes and leave skid marks. If he didn't hit us he would have reared ended the car to the right of us.

So if anyone has any information, please email me at wickdmarz@hotmail.com or even PM if you like.

Also another thing, he never once asked us if we were alright, but we asked them. Yea didn't make it to D1.
    Last edited by Wickdmarz; 12-20-2004, 10:34 PM.

Thats why i never buy Honda civics and cars in that class...they crumble when they are hit. Not trying to diss on your car or anything just saying little hits can mess up those cars.

First off did you call the cops? what did the cops say? if you had any evidence or anything at all and you called the cops i think this would of already been settled. But good luck with it hope everything goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by driftersilvia
      Thats why i never buy Honda civics and cars in that class...they crumble when they are hit. Not trying to diss on your car or anything just saying little hits can mess up those cars.

First off did you call the cops? what did the cops say? if you had any evidence or anything at all and you called the cops i think this would of already been settled. But good luck with it hope everything goes well.
      Of course we called the cops, but the cop didn't say who was at fault. He did note that there were skid marks, and a red light and full traffic stopped. It usually doesn't get settle right there, I used to work for an insurance company and its mostly a battle between each insurances. Thats why I need a witness to settle the case.

Comment

First of all, sorry to hear about the accident. I know how it is. My pride and joy Datsun Z was hit about 3 months ago. Getting hit sucks big time. Luckily the other guy's insurance company payed out the full amount, and my rates aren't going up. I remember eating at that Jack In The Box in Fontana and remember the streets, though I was not there at the time of the accident. However, here are my tips for coming out of this on top.

First of all, it sounds like the guy that hit you wasn't very considerate. This means nothing in terms of who was at fault, but it does mean that he may not be as passionate about winning as you are.

Make sure you call both insurance companies, yours and his, and show that you are very active in trying to show that you were not at fault.

Don't get yourself in a jam by talking to the other guy's insurance company and potentially giving away any information that may put you at fault. For example "Well, I was talking to my BF while inching out" would not be a smart thing to tell the opposing insurance company. Instead, convinse them that you are the greatest driver on Earth.

Make sure you have the name and number of the the officer who came to the site of the accident. This way you know when the police report is filed and when you can obtain a copy.

It's a good thing that your BF was in the car, already you have another side of the story. Make sure you talk over every little detail and come to your own polished conclusion of the events that transpired. Write them down as professionally as you can. You may even want to send copies of this report to the insurance companies.

Make sure you stay updated on the status of your claim, when the investigation is going to take place, who the investigator is, If there's any other information they need from you. Call them often.

Remeber if you lose the case, and if the damage is less than 5 grand, you can take the guy to small claims court.

These steps really helped me when my car was hit, and I sure hope things go smoothly for you. Keep us all updated on how everything goes. If there's anything else I can do, please let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Comment

Working...
        X