Skyline crash @ Formula Drift Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyline crash @ Formula Drift Houston

Wanted to be sure the driver was OK and from what I here he was. This video was taken by pure happenstance.

Promo for seat belts and cages helping you walk away.

My guess is he locked the brakes over that bump and headed straight.

http://matrxgotme.net/wmv%20files/Dr...ne%20Crash.wmv

PLEASE NOTE: Not Mike Peters driving!
    Last edited by NM Drift Group; 06-30-2005, 07:56 AM.

The driver of the Skyline when it crashed I am told was from Team Bubba Drift. He drove the El Camino the next day and was knocked out of the tandam run by the Supra. Great Event!!!

Comment

Wow, that was a hard hit, sure hope he is ok

Comment

I do know he gave a thumbs up to my other driver.
        Still had the purchase sticker in the window or dealer sticker, don't knowwhich one.

Comment

yeah he was fine, mentally beaten but he was fine a couple days later, it was our freind aaron's skyline (guy who won drift showoff in colorado) and he had had it for a while, that paper plate was just street legality stuff.

Comment

that wasnt aaron driving though, that was derrick the OG el camino driver guy from last year.

Comment

i had many reserves bout posting it but i am glad he is OK Mike.

Did he tell you how it happened? Lock brakes?

Comment

locked yo on the bump while going fast as hell on entry

Comment

holy crap that was hard.

Comment

that was the first video i saw of the accident. the poor car is sitting in my garage while i contemplate what i'm going to make of it. can't figure out if i should try to fix the car, or drop it all into a 240. oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by NM Drift Group
                      Wanted to be sure the driver was OK and from what I here he was. This video was taken by pure happenstance.

Promo for seat belts and cages helping you walk away.

My guess is he locked the brakes over that bump and headed straight.

http://matrxgotme.net/wmv%20files/Dr...ne%20Crash.wmv
                      hey what's up. i don't know if you remember me but i was hanging out with you guys before and after on friday

Comment

Originally posted by slideways2004
                        hey what's up. i don't know if you remember me but i was hanging out with you guys before and after on friday
                        Yeah I remember you if you are the same guy I am thinkin of. What's up?
                        Hope you had good time hangin out, you were helpin a lot of people that weekend.

Let me guess you have a 240 with your life savings going into it ? Right.

Comment

not exactly my life-savings but close to it. (it's not much) yeah i like helping people b/c you never know when you need help and it's a great way to make friends and connections. the main guy i was helping was by himself. i think from north carolina. came with a huge trailer. he was driving the red mustang

Comment

I remember you and that was Doug you were helpin out. Good guy just like you.

Good luck to you in your 240 and pm me for a hat and shirt(when they come in)

Gary
                            Last edited by NM Drift Group; 06-29-2005, 03:54 PM.

Comment

And people always complain why FD has such strict safety rules. I'm glad that he was ok!

Comment

Working...
                              X