• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says MR2s can't drift?

http://video.mpegnation.com/a0017453...182302480.html

jeeeeeezzz........looks outa control

Comment

I agree with frost, it looks like hes all over trying to catch it, from the in car it seemed like hes just trying to keep the car from spining and on track

Comment

Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet
        I agree with frost, it looks like hes all over trying to catch it, from the in car it seemed like hes just trying to keep the car from spining and on track

i agree, but hey its a MR i give him props mucho nice....

Comment

Good question. Who did say that mr2's cant drift?

Comment

Nice donuts. Work on your hand work though. Keep it up!
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

that was pretty sweet, until the end, when it became a commercial.

Comment

Comment

pictures of drifting dont really prove much.

but malcom has drifting footage of him in an aw11. and it was pretty good

Comment

It was a cool vid, I really like the car too except for the huge wing. And yeah his hands did seem kind of frantic but maybe you need to be that way in order to keep a MR car from spinning out.

Im not sure if you'd be able to do transitions in a car like that though..what do you think?

Comment

You can do transitions, or even a choku-dori if you want to. You just have to be quick with the steering work to catch the rear from spinning.

Comment

Looks to me like that vid was made from excerpts during the Sport Compact Car shootout. Drag test, Lateral g test, and road course. I'm guessing he was not trying to "drift" at all.

We'll have to wait till the end of summer to see the results...

Comment

Noone (that knows what they are talking about) has said MR can't drift...they can, but damn is it hard. My friend with an MR-S has given up completely on drifting because even after all the time hes spent trying to drift he can't consistently do controlled slides. Every now and then he would pull it off nicely, but for the most part he loses it. Even on the drift bible you see the drift king lose it quite a few times. I can't even imagine trying to slide an MR car if I've been having trouble with my FC

Comment

i have quite a few drift tengokus with mr cars drifting, but they are not the greatest cars to start drifting in... I'll post some clips later.

Comment

id give an mr2 a shot, but its always looked like a monster ready to spin

Comment

Working...
                              X