Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should name your car Frankenstein

Originally posted by HasNoTiresLeft
    Thanks Lateral-G, ya Gave me a good idea on how to hold my front end together till new bumper and fenders come in.

I still think your stitch job is better than mine.

Wrecked my car a day before i saw this post.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

How do you find out if there was any frame damage?

Comment

if your alignement is no longer straigth, if your doors and/or hood does'nt click as smoothly (if not touched), by eyes if the rails aren't straigth (if you see bend metal anywhere on the "frame" (especially in the engine bay)... but the real way to go is with mesurement..

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrightSide
          How do you find out if there was any frame damage?
          lazers! no seriously lasers. most performance shops have laser alignment machines that will check if there is any bends in the frame. its the coolest thing ever because it involves lazers.

Comment

lol... surprised no else mentioned it, do they not sell black zipties where you all are from???

Comment

Originally posted by drunkcarlos
              lol... surprised no else mentioned it, do they not sell black zipties where you all are from???
              Battle Scars > Matching colors

Comment

black zipties aren't really resistant.

Comment

Haha.... well if i woulda put black... it wouldnt stand out as much. The white shows off the scars
                  Last edited by HasNoTiresLeft; 12-04-2005, 04:49 PM.

Comment

twould be like doing a cosmetic surgery to frankeinstein...

Comment

OUCH! At least is was cosmetic.
                      I have had two nasties.

First, the week after I got my 300ZXTT. I was still getting used to my first ever RWD car. Pulled out onto the road and mashed the pedal as I had discovered I could make the car start to slide. Oh no! Too much! Overcompensated....OC'd again inducing a 360 spin across the oncoming lane into a 7' ditch...damn. No damage done ( ) but I was pretty shook up.
                      Second, I had sold the Z because I was moving to Wyoming to attend school and couldn't afford to keep the payments to the bank. (Coming back to Washington and buying another asap though ) Got a S13 Hatch and was working the open diff with a lot of entry speed, slap the E-Brake, power through. There is a perfect hairpin at the parkig lot to the pool I used to lifeguard at and I'd hit it every night when I left. Hit it a little too fast and met some dirt/gravel. Understeer and nailed the curb straight on wioth the right front wheel. Destroyed the suspension and barely limped it to a local shop. My Dad was all kinds of pissed and didn't buy that I had simply "missjudged a corner."

Just make sure you learn from your mistakes. Drifting is still fairly new to a lot of the North West and I have seen a lot of guys make the same mistakes over and over. So just don't do that again!

But these guys are right. Battle scars are sweet and remember, Chicks dig scars!

Comment

you gotta criss cross the zip tires. like make x's. it'll still move around alot more with them straight across like that.

Comment

Working...
                        X