(Feedback) TOP GEAR USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
    Btw What's up with the drifting hate on that show? How dare they compare drifting with figure skating!
    Oh ya i saw that episode. I liked the one where they were showing the blind person to drive.

Comment

It was unbearable to watch...stopped watching after the first episode.

Comment

The show definitely got better with every episode. I mean its still no where near as good as the UK show but it has potential.

Comment

Originally posted by SSmith View Post
          It was unbearable to watch...stopped watching after the first episode.
          If you ever saw the first few episodes of the UK version you would have thought the same thing.

Comment

So the new season has started but I forgot, haha. I just caught todays episode, has anyone been following the new series? If so, how is it, so far, compared to last year?

Comment

I watched the first couple episodes, I'm quickly losing interest. Actually I think I have lost all interest. Towards the end of the first season they seemed to be getting into a groove but now it seems they're back to square one, I never would have guessed this was their second season if I hadn't known. I feel sorry for all of the people there for the "taping" because they're not taping anything at the hanger except for all three of them standing there saying a couple things real quick and then going back to the video. My feet start to hurt just watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                I watched the first couple episodes, I'm quickly losing interest. Actually I think I have lost all interest. Towards the end of the first season they seemed to be getting into a groove but now it seems they're back to square one, I never would have guessed this was their second season if I hadn't known. I feel sorry for all of the people there for the "taping" because they're not taping anything at the hanger except for all three of them standing there saying a couple things real quick and then going back to the video. My feet start to hurt just watching it.
                I disagree with everything you said except for the last part. I actually went to a taping and was in the audience and you are right my feet were killing me.

Although they did make effort to keep us entertained between takes and at one point we were even allowed to walk around the top gear set and check everything out.

There was also a lot of interaction between the hosts and the audience.

If you live in the area and you have some free time I would suggest doing it once just for the heck of it.

Besides the constant standing and clapping I had a decent time. But I think from now on I will just enjoy Top Gear from the comfort of my own home.

Oh and here's a Top Gear Top Tip: If you want to be in the front of the crowd and get your 15 seconds of fame then try to wear dark colors. If you wear bright colors you may "clash" with what the hosts are wearing so they will stick you in the back.

Comment

I've been to several TV tapings in the past (it's a common fundraiser for groups / clubs / etc in Socal), including one for the Top Gear NBC pilot (that never aired). The Top Gear one was the longest, but not much different from several other ones. You can count on it taking 3-4 hours with all the retakes, it's not exactly a 'good time' but it's not Top Gear's fault.

I actually really enjoy this season. challenges like the 'toughest truck', 'pickup truck replacement', and '$500 car' were all awesome. The Porsche 911 GT2 feature thru downtown LA at night was also very well produced. The street race was a bit much for me, but still entertaining.

I think there needs to be a "Tanner Drift / Burnout meter". So far this season, Tanner has had 2 or 3 burnouts / drifts in every episode.

I'd rather have shows like Top Gear US on TV than shows like Real Housewives of XYZ City. For that reason, you'll never hear me use the "H" word in association with TGUS.

Comment

oh man...

Just saw today's challenge - Tanner driving an LF-A around Infineon while Routledge and Adam drive it in Forza 4. Reminds me of the challenge Wrecked Magazine did with JR @ Willow Springs.

This is the first thing I watch on Sunday Nights on my DVR. I find it to be quite entertaining as a casual 'unwind before going back to work' TV show.

edit - oh man.... Tanner drifting a stretch limo, a food truck, and a Metro bus?! This episode is awesome!!
                    Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 09-05-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Yeah the LFA challenge was cool n I can't believe how that RV jumped!

Comment

Man the last episode was awesome as H3ll. The only one that I have wanted to watch more than once.

Comment

In case you want to watch it, History Channel's website has full episodes online:

http://www.history.com/shows/top-gea...-full-episodes

Comment

Working...
                          X