(PREDICTIONS) 3RD 2012 FORMULA D Judge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My post from another website:

Matt Petty would be an awesome choice..but you would get the same people saying hes biased towards D.A. drivers just like people blamed tony for. IN my opinion tony never favored his teammates, nor matt petty would do the same.

Ross Petty needs to drive. period. hes got a lot to prove and once he figures “it” out..he will be a podium contender.

Tony B will have an awesome engine setup coming soon..and i dont think he will want to give up driving his new beast, for a judges stand.

Honestly all the judges need to be changed. Andys been doing it for YEARS, and the canadian has made questionable calls.

Blaze1 as a choice?! cmon. even he knows not to step up to that. whats next, justin banner?!

Tanners busy, rhys will either drive/manage next year, and i cant say whether or not rutherford would be a good choice.

Lets put some new blood up there…maybe some that have podiumed/or won some events.

Calvin Wan. Hiro Sumida. both of these guys are stand up dudes with no allegiances to anyone.

Hubert Young is another good choice.

Mike Peters wouldnt be a bad choice either…he started this v8 (s13) ish…and this is the muthaphukin thanks he gets?

Mickey Andrade isnt a bad choice either. judged in dmcc, and is respected throughout the field now

Comment

Let the 3rd Judge be an open spot. A new judge for each location - maybe a celebrity from another motorsport or any other high profile discipline. This would eliminate any "bias" argument and add a fresh outlook. Big celebrities entice viewers which in return can entice bigger TV deals which in return entices bigger sponsors, so on and so forth. It would be nice to see live broadcasts again.

Comment

Rhys, Sam, and Tanner would better driving than judging because they represent their sponsors very well. They are very professional in their representation, even if they haven't had as much podium finishes as they did in the past they are still more marketable than some of the other drivers. On another note, it's time for FD to step up the prize money. 10K for being the series champ?? ESPN offers 50K for spelling bee champion...

Comment

Originally posted by lzS15 View Post
          Let the 3rd Judge be an open spot. A new judge for each location - maybe a celebrity from another motorsport or any other high profile discipline. This would eliminate any "bias" argument and add a fresh outlook. Big celebrities entice viewers which in return can entice bigger TV deals which in return entices bigger sponsors, so on and so forth. It would be nice to see live broadcasts again.
          as a driver who has completed competitive series with the same and then again with a rotating judge... I HIGHLY prefer the same judges every event.

The consistency and understanding you develop with a judge is key. If you just toss a new guy, with new opinions, and new tendancies, you are unable to know what to 'expect' from them. Then next event its all relearning again. There needs to be a constant set 'standard' for a particular season.

I have also seen (more than one) guest judge come in, and get influenced by the others who are 'full time'. Maybe not knowingly, but (mostly in tandem battles) sometimes they tend to think "Yea, they are right, they do this all the time, makes sense." or similar. I know that FD uses the whiteboards in effort to minimize cross-judge influence. but you still have JROD shouting his opinion/influence constantly.

just my experience.
          Last edited by boxmod; 10-20-2011, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxmod View Post
            as a driver who has completed competitive series with the same and then again with a rotating judge... I HIGHLY prefer the same judges every event.

The consistency and understanding you develop with a judge is key. If you just toss a new guy, with new opinions, and new tendancies, you are unable to know what to 'expect' from them. Then next event its all relearning again. There needs to be a constant set 'standard' for a particular season.

I have also seen (more than one) guest judge come in, and get influenced by the others who are 'full time'. Maybe not knowingly, but (mostly in tandem battles) sometimes they tend to think "Yea, they are right, they do this all the time, makes sense." or similar. I know that FD uses the whiteboards in effort to minimize cross-judge influence. but you still have JROD shouting his opinion/influence constantly.

just my experience.
            +1

Unless the rare occasion happens where you get a judge that tells you exactly inch-by-inch on track what they want, and explain it on a whiteboard and/or with video/coursewalk/example from practice or previous event it can be a NIGHTMARE to figure out what the hell they want. Some judges want ultra-snappy transitions, some want big smoke, some want perfect line, some want speed, some want smoothness, some want it all, some want some aspects on some parts of the track, and other aspects on other parts, and some tell you and some don't.

Most judges even if they don't tell you can be figured out in about 3 events what they want, but when you rotate judges or the judges just suck (don't know what they want OR know what they want, and will be ultra easy pushover to anyone who whines, has their drunk pit guys yell at them, or literally cries tears after a run) its impossible to figure out what they want, and you end up wasting time/effort/tandem runs and tires trying to get what they want.

FD already knows this, but Boxmod brought up a fan-tas-tic point. Hell, me and him can totally vouch for judges wanting different things, some events in tandem are 100% about matching the lead car and proximity, some are just about proximity, some are just about running your own game, and it creates a nightmare breaking the habits when the rules are always changing.

I do like the new FD "GO BIG" push all the way around but I really really really wish the lower tier events would expect more from the drivers and push them harder instead of trying to be sensitive to everyones self-esteem.

Comment

I really wish they wouldn't wait until the last minute to announce the 3rd judge...........

Comment

wasn't there already a thread about this?

Oh yes, we did:
                http://www.drifting.com/forums/gener...a-d-judge.html

i nominate:

- Tanner Foust (if he isn't too busy)
                - Calvin Wan
                - Steph Verdier
                - John Yim
                - Bill Sherman (He didn't get along with everyone as a driver, but that's why he'd make an awesome judge)
                - Mickey Andrade (as long as he isn't allowed to judge cars he sponsors)
                - Eric O'Sullivan (if he doesn't drive the Camaro)
                - Alex Pfeiffer if he doesn't drive next year

Also, can we suggest that we get rid of that worthless Canadian dude? He seemed so lost up there.....

Comment

Me
                  Willie Ortega
                  Bebop
                  Matt Petty
                  Rod Millen
                  Tanner Foust

Mayb a guest judge every round?

Chuck Norris?

Comment

Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony PantsTony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony PantsTony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony PantsTony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants, Tony Schulz, Tony Shorts, Tony Pants

Comment

I wonder if FD would go so far as to do a reality show type contest for the third judge position.

Comment

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
                        I really wish they wouldn't wait until the last minute to announce the 3rd judge...........
                        argh. too bad it happened.

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
                        i nominate:

- Tanner Foust (if he isn't too busy)
                        My friend went to the FD tech day and said that some of the FD guys were talking a lot about Tanner Foust. That would be awesome if he's the new judge!

Comment

Working...
                        X