Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
    Suggesting that Yoko is back in?
    Suggesting maybe the lack of presence of his sponsors made the decision a easy one.

Comment

you guys beat me to it!

it's the talk of the town.

yeah i think this is being a little harsh. but D1GP is in shambles now anyway.
      He'll just run the new series; big deal. public humiliation isn't handled well by
      the Japanese, I hope he keeps his chin up.

Comment

D1 might be cleaning up their act by not promoting ILLEGAL street drifting.
        In any sports, if a player does something illegally especially if it's related with the sport, there's always some sort of punishment.
        Street drifting is illegal and dangerous and Naoki deserves those consequences.

Comment

Dozens of pro athletes in America get charged with all sorts of crimes every year. But seldom do they get kicked out of the sport they compete in. They get suspended and fined just a fraction of their annual income. They don't rip logos off their clothing/uniforms, and they try their best to keep the severity of the punishment away from the public. At this very moment Ben Roethlisberger is playing a game but not even a year ago he was accused of rape on 2 different occasions.

Comment

Nori Yaro talks about the situation

Actually has a good translation of the D1GP response.

http://noriyaro.com/?p=5931

Comment

By Tomei
              Street Legend – BURST Naoki Namakura is back!
              http://www.tomeipowered.com/BTE/inde...akura-is-back/

"Nakamura-san has confirmed that he will be competing this year. Not in D1, but in another series."

Comment

Well its february... still no name for this other series yet.... and Nakamura's car is pretty extreme for a S15 lol.
                Last edited by Bebop; 01-29-2011, 01:12 PM.

Comment

At 6:09 the black/silver S15 gets some monster angle. Lol at the Team Burst member killing it in a civic.

Comment

Blaze, What happens if you get cought sideways in the mean streets of CA?

Comment

Originally posted by Linguo415 View Post
                      you lose your D1 license

Comment

Hahaha! No for real? Do you get a fat ticket or is go straight to jail do not pass go do not collect $200? or both?

Comment

Worst case scenario for your first offense:

Ticket for reckless driving or illegal speed contest (500-5k$ fine or jail time)

Get your car towed for 30 days (1k+ to get it out of impound)

Get your car crushed (speed contest)

Get your licence suspended for a year

Insurance rates go sky high

Where I use to street at its automatic car crush and fine for illegal speed contest. So I rather get the reckless so its the cops decision to take me and my car into custody and I can leave the rest to a judge after that. Grab me a lawyer and start wheelin and dealin.

The thing with japan is local law enforcement will show up and yell at you through a loud speaker most of the time. But when you finally get popped its a huge fine and you might get your licence suspended indefinitely. Its hard to get your licence in japan in the first place and I can imagine even alot harder to get it back.
                          Last edited by Bebop; 02-01-2011, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Wow ,Blaze. Thats intense. Im assuming its the same on street or an empty parking lot right?

Comment

Wow ,Blaze. Thats intense. Im assuming its the same on street or an empty parking lot right?
                              Empty private owned parking lot is technically trespassing. A chill cop will tell you to do your thing, a responsible cop will tell you to leave and or give you a trespassing ticket, a A hole cop will yell at you and make you think your in bigger trouble then what you actually are.

In other news, D1 released a short statement regarding the Nakamura situation. I quite don't understand it though, anyone care to better translate.

http://www.d1gp.co.jp/d1/apr/ap/NLis...l/?No=NS013133

Google translation

Nakamura Naoki disposition of Players

Nakamura Naoki players drift competition is sponsored by our license holder on a disposition by the criminal acts of mock arrest drifting on public roads, following the disposal of 科Shimasu.

- Stop the indefinite eligibility of the competition sponsored by our
                              Cancellation of all races in the series - Bill 2010
                              Full refund of all races - winning 2010 series

Competition sponsored by the participating parties and the Company is not intended to encourage a healthy sports circuit, we promote traffic safety awareness. Case filed by participants in the meeting, however, Kono Kisou unforgivable act, and act in compliance with an insult to those parties. Toshimashite Our 参Rimasu all possible measures to avoid any recurrence of such incidents occur in the future.

February 14, 2011
                              D1 Corporation Co., Ltd.
                              Yuki Suzuki Osamu President

Comment

Working...
                              X