No announcement yet.

(FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Florida 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe we just need an fd vs d1 event lol that would be fun kinda like usa vs japan back in the day

Comment

will never happen

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
        will never happen
        Ever .

Comment

I stopped watching the live stream after Conrad was awarded the win over Yoshioka when Yoshioka did that insane entry. TA said that Yoshioka caused Conrad to slow down to avoid the accident but doesn't the rule say that the chase car is supposed to mimic the angle of the lead car?
          Clearly Conrad wasn't able to mimic Yoshioka's angle and he slowed down.
          Yoshioka held his drift even though he slowed down a bit after the insane entry but in that run, it showed clearly that the judges didn't remember that part of the rule where the chase car is to mimic the angle and speed of the lead car.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
            Ever .
            i know, one can only dream

Comment

Originally posted by ztkrevolution View Post
              i know, one can only dream
              There's a few ways something like this could happen though

- If FD buys out D1 (God forbid)

- If both D1 and FD fall on really hard times and need to excite interest again and decide to do a joint event

- If D1 holds a event in the states during begging of the season or end of the season

- If FD teams finally take the risk and ship their cars and drivers to japan (D1 teams already have)

FD is pretty liberal with who can or cant compete over here, but D1 isn't loaning out their image in any shape or form without a profit or consequence.
              Last edited by Bebop; 06-09-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SSmith View Post
                I stopped watching the live stream after Conrad was awarded the win over Yoshioka when Yoshioka did that insane entry. TA said that Yoshioka caused Conrad to slow down to avoid the accident but doesn't the rule say that the chase car is supposed to mimic the angle of the lead car?
                Clearly Conrad wasn't able to mimic Yoshioka's angle and he slowed down.
                Yoshioka held his drift even though he slowed down a bit after the insane entry but in that run, it showed clearly that the judges didn't remember that part of the rule where the chase car is to mimic the angle and speed of the lead car.
                Like I said on the other post, how can Conrad not know how to respond to his own move?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
                  Like I said on the other post, how can Conrad not know how to respond to his own move?
                  I believe while the rule states that, you also have to realize that he had a drastic reduction of speed. Yeah, the angle is insane and looks really cool, but if you cannot maintain your speed with that angle, you will get a deduction. It also wasn't a little bit of lost speed, it was 10 MPH, if I remeber right, but I'll have to watch the battle again to be absolutely sure.

Comment

Powers never slowed against JTP and was still penalized. I'm not buying this speed bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                      I believe while the rule states that, you also have to realize that he had a drastic reduction of speed. Yeah, the angle is insane and looks really cool, but if you cannot maintain your speed with that angle, you will get a deduction. It also wasn't a little bit of lost speed, it was 10 MPH, if I remeber right, but I'll have to watch the battle again to be absolutely sure.
                      i know its the rules but 10 mph to create an insane angle and get everyone on their feet. i can live with that. that rule sucks in my opinion and its only because i dont like this whole emphasis on speed rather than angle

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                        Powers never slowed against JTP and was still penalized. I'm not buying this speed bs.
                        Ah, but he did hit the second clipping point where JTP did not and was not as close to the rear clipping zone and the wall. In the driver's meeting, the judges stated they wanted to see the guys get as close to it and the rear zone as possible.

Originally posted by ztkrevolution
                        i know its the rules but 10 mph to create an insane angle and get everyone on their feet. i can live with that. that rule sucks in my opinion and its only because i dont like this whole emphasis on speed rather than angle
                        I agree with "angle is cool," but if you have to drop 10 mph against someone who isn't expecting it, that's not. If you agree with that, you shouldn't be against someone brake-checking you before the drift. I, for one, see the invereted angle being very similar to a tailwhip, you can use it to look cool, drop speed, and block mid-air.
                        Last edited by Justin Banner; 06-10-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X