• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Pawlak "THE MAKING OF JTP" by Speedhunters

Justin Pawlak "THE MAKING OF JTP" by Speedhunters

FULL FEATURE, Continue Here

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/06/jtp-retrospective/

Sweet Interview!

Which I’m pretty sure they were planning on Sam winning because the trophy actually had Sam’s car on it. It was a Dodge-sponsored event and he was the big shot. It was basically a bunch of privateers and Sam, so I’m pretty sure they were planning on him beating everyone.
    LMAO!!!!

Comment

Is this interview supposed to make me forget that he acted like a complete dooshbag? Please. I'm not buying it. The words he said were something I could picture myself saying - except I know when I've been beat by a better player. I only better myself and I refuse to judge the person who beat me.

This interview reminds me of something that a (losing)presidential-hopeful makes just before an election - but this isn't an election. Go out there and be so damm good that people love you whether you win or lose.

Comment

Natural order of business in the racing world to drum up popularity when you make a regretful mistake. He knows it now for sure. Trying to explain the reasoning for his actions is pointless. Unless your in his shoes, you will not understand the pressure he is going through, especially with a kid on the way at any moment. He reacted without a true clear conscious and made a mistake amplified by media being there. We are human and we make mistakes, but still there is no excuse for it, and he is taking the hits of life right now in this sport. Now if JTP is smart he will apologize for publicly confronting Daigo in such an overaggressive and immature manner. We see now what inspires JTP to succeed, and I understand it all too well with my fiance with our dreams and goals in drifting. JTP did act like a childish douche, but he can be forgiven too, if he can admit his mistake and make up for it like a man.

Bottom line.
        This is a great story Justin, but don't *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* all over it with one stupid act. Be known for being the better man, learn from this, set the example, and do the right thing. Then drift it like you stole it!

Comment

I agree with Lifer

I dont even think it was a mistake... compared to stuff we see on the circle track... or even in F1.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
            I agree with Lifer

I dont even think it was a mistake... compared to stuff we see on the circle track... or even in F1.
            Agreed. I really don't see anything wrong with what he did. At least he confronted him about it personally, instead of saying something behind his back or to a media interview. Personally, i think he's more of a man for doing so. He didn't come in scream and cursing. He asked what happened, got the answer. No, he wasn't happy with it, but you know what, he doesn't have to be. He's in profesional motor sports. This is a serious game. There out there to win. Bebop is right in that his confrentation with Saito was very profesional compared to 90% of other drivers in other forms of motors sports.

Comment

Coming up to Daigo's car, looking down over Daigo, while he was still in the car, shaking his head, already coming off aggressive in his mannerisms.

Daigo asks "whats the problem?"

Justin replys "Think about it. Think about what you did."

Already is tone is out of line. You don't talk to any driver like some kid who knew he did something wrong.

Justin follows with "If that's how you want to win, I understand"

Justin - "SO you hit the brakes to add angle..I don't get that"

Daigo looks confused as to what Justin was getting at, but when the explanation of the flick for angle was because due to the damage from Denofa, He had to do that in order to get the angle he needs. Justin backs off.

If you think he is a better man to approach Daigo Immediately after a heated battle, I think your wrong. If Justin took some time, however much needed, to cool down and collect his thoughts on how to approach Daigo without getting into his face like he wants to start something, I think he would have been a much better man about it. The media is unavoidable, but what happened, happened.

I know Justin is great guy. He is driven, spirited, and passionate about winning. Sometimes that passion can grow out of his control and get the best of him like this discussion with Daigo. You can tell he is wanting to be much more cool about it than he really his, and the videos being edited doesn't help either. He just couldn't help approaching Daigo so he (what looks like) is too cought up in his own thoughts, because he is so upset, to even clearly understand what Daigo and Robbie are saying. After the Toe out explanation Justin said "good luck" and shook Daigos hand, but Daigo didn't let go and pulled Justin back. Daigo said something to Robbie, then let him go. I think Daigo was wanting to make sure Justin understands they are not out to get him, nor do they think they were pulling tricks that was an intentional attack on Justin. Justin said "good luck" again and walked off. Daigo seemed quit calm during the entire conversation and wanted to make sure Justin was okay.

Daigo did not retaliate in any way from Justin's actions, but I am 90% positive if Justin did the same to an American driver, it would be a different outcome.

EDIT: After rereading this, I want to say I am not disagreeing with you Cruiser. Yes you are absolutely right it is better to talk about it face to face instead of bashing behind a keyboard or trash talking to others. I guess in a perfect world we would want to have the kind of self control to do things the right way the first time. I can't say I would be any better. I just hope I would give myself time to cool off a bit though.
              Last edited by Lifer; 06-25-2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Daigo was a more mature person during that exchange. He kept his cool despite knowing that JTP was probably acting like a cry baby.
                Yes, it's true, if Daigo was an American dude, you'd probably see fists flying but the cooler head always prevail.
                Give JTP a break, he made a mistake, he should apologize to Daigo and learn to be more professional next time.

Comment

Originally posted by SSmith View Post
                  Daigo was a more mature person during that exchange. He kept his cool despite knowing that JTP was probably acting like a cry baby.
                  Of course Daigo was cool he had won the event so there was no reason for him to get all roudy. At that point the desision was made and nothing was going to reverse that. This is competition. Your going to be filled with emotion as you should be.

This is racing. Ya, maybe he could have been "nicer" about it or whatever, but concidering the circomstances he handled it fine. Again, this was quite tame concidering other forms of motor sports.

Lifer, I agree that if they were both american drivers without a translator things proabbaly would have gotten more heated. BUt to be honest, that makes respect JTP's positioin even more. He knew that there was a middle man and that you can't react the same as if you were able to talk to someone face to face. He read Diago reaction and went from there. Diago was cool, so he kept his cool.

Comment

False...This is not racing....It's drifting. It's judged....JTP is at the mercy of those judges....If anything if he was going to cry....Cry to the judges about their decision...Obviously it's there call if it was apparent there was trickery.....Which in the case at PBIR there wasn't any!

JTP's chase on his last run was doomed from the start when he entered with understeer. He just needed a scape goat for his poor driving. I would have more respect for him if he went to the judges and cried.

But he didn't so in my book he was a P U S S Y and went to a guy that can't speak english. REAL TOUGH GUY!

Comment

Originally posted by stedriftward View Post
                      False...This is not racing....It's drifting. It's judged....JTP is at the mercy of those judges....If anything if he was going to cry....Cry to the judges about their decision...Obviously it's there call if it was apparent there was trickery.....Which in the case at PBIR there wasn't any!
                      Did you not see where i said it was professional motor sports? Really, some of you need to get out of your drifting bubble and expose yourself to other forums of motor sports and see how the rest of the world operates.

JTP's chase on his last run was doomed from the start when he entered with understeer. He just needed a scape goat for his poor driving. I would have more respect for him if he went to the judges and cried.

But he didn't so in my book he was a P U S S Y and went to a guy that can't speak english. REAL TOUGH GUY!
                      Wow, you make it seam like Diago has some sort of mental handicap cause he can't speak English .Real nice dude. The fact that daigo doesn't speak English is irrelevant and doesn't mean that he's free from being scrutinized. Again, considering he doesn't speak English and was talking through a translator JTP kept very composed.

What cracks me up is people like yourself act like this is the first time a driver has ever confronted another driver. News flash it happen all the time!! (Yes, even in drifting!!) This particular moment just happened to be caught on tape. If diago knew that he was going to have to brake to gain more angle due to suffering damage from a previous run, then maybe he should have let JTP know that he was going to have a slower initiation before the run. especaily if he was going to do what looks like a brake check to get the angle he needed.

Comment

Just my .02

Cry about it.

Move on buddy!

Comment

Just my .02

Cry about it.

Move on buddy!
                          I love it when people like to start a conversation but can't finish it. Don't want a response then don't partake in the discussion.

Just my .02

Comment

If you ask me...

Camera didn't get there when justin was already talking to the team in the hot pit

a lot gets over looked when the cameras aren't on.

What makes it even fishy/douchey is when crews and spotters are bringing up brake checking during drivers meeting indirectly referring to daigo. This is generally from people who have drifted for numerous of years and the video is clear. Where is the brake check ? its simple to see daigo over rotated and lost momentum straightened before switching back on entry in florida not so much "brake checking" , yet these same spotters/drivers still bring up the brake checking. You know they watched the video over and over, and either they are in denial or they are plain bullying. I guess its easy to talk *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* when the driver doesn't speak the language.

There is no better way to get rid of a person from a series better than to treat them as if they are unwanted. If you ask me Daigo's already changed the driving style of Formula D and i think it would be a travesty if Daigo doesn't return to formula D because of this.

Comment

It's not that I don't want a response...It's just that your point of view is not worth my time. No valid points to carry a conversation.

Good day sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X