ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"HKS-SILVIA" ... no more... 500hp hyper ALTEZZA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of the falken guyz told me about the new cars at the showoff in houston. i'm not sure if it's 1 or 2 rustangs. All i wanna see is the g35 drift car!! he better not have lied to me

Comment

At last, HKS made the good choice! Congratulations on choosing my favourite car of all times... Except the Impreza, of course

Seriously now: don't say that the car won't be competitive! It doesn't matter if it's an S15 or something else, it just has to be driven by a good driver. Remember last year's Ueo Katsuhiro's AE86? He won with it at Irwindale, even tough he was with Imamura's FD in the finals. I am pretty sure that Altezza is a potent driftcar and I hope it'll show some fangs.

Imamura used to drive a poo-poo brown '86. He then switched to an APEX'i sponsored Altezza, and then, after half a year, he got into the FD.

Comment

OOOOPS I got my drivers mixed up!!! Stoopid me.

Comment

Oki Drifter; i believe apex scrapped the altezza because it could not be competitive in D1; not enough wheel angle when they countered.

they couldn't get high enough scores w/ the car.

considering that rhys tore that gto apart to make it competitive; it's about time someone else is picking this platform for drifting.

color's kinda nasty though. hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
            At last, HKS made the good choice! Congratulations on choosing my favourite car of all times... Except the Impreza, of course

Seriously now: don't say that the car won't be competitive! It doesn't matter if it's an S15 or something else, it just has to be driven by a good driver. Remember last year's Ueo Katsuhiro's AE86? He won with it at Irwindale, even tough he was with Imamura's FD in the finals. I am pretty sure that Altezza is a potent driftcar and I hope it'll show some fangs.

Imamura used to drive a poo-poo brown '86. He then switched to an APEX'i sponsored Altezza, and then, after half a year, he got into the FD.
            the car isnt competitive, even with a good driver, NOB himself. it scored a no points in its D1 debut.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanaka
              it doesn't man, in the dabut round it went non score. certainly we would expect a lot more than NOB and HKS.
              Speak english

Comment

Lets all stop taking about who is in D1 and what cars they drive and talk about something more productive. Like how to improve your technique or better your lines. This discusion is pretty useless guys

Comment

umm yes thats what OTHER threads are for, but in case you havent noticed this thread is about a D1 car and a D1 driver... so in this thread thats waht we talk about. if u dont want to talk anymore, then dont.

Comment

you guys have to remember, what other cars scored a ZERO on their round debut? hmm

- BLITZ WORKS ER34

- RE- WORKS RX-7

- DRFT RX-7

- KUROI's yellow 240

...all those cars are either seeded drivers now, or have respectable amounts of points in the series. first round or even second round isn't going to be the true potential of the car until driver and team become comfortable with the car. And they're going to experience teething problems too. who knows, they may run into problems like nomura has, with his fuel pump seizing during finals, and fuel pressure regulator malfunctions...

Comment

word. coiloverkid. don't be hatin' til we actually see this bad boy in action.

besides we've seen stranger things happen in d1. hehe.

Comment

Hey, guys, remember that this is going to be NOB 's car, and NOB will be driving it. If he likes the paint, and he likes the Altezza, and HKS is good with it, so be it. I don't think HKS reads internet drifting boards to decide what paint or car it will use for it's D1 events. Take a chill pill, guys/girls.

Personally, I think the car looks badass, and I don't even like vinyl or airbrushing usually. I can't wait to see it run. Sedans look great drifting, like the Chaser.

Comment

i guess its not that bad...but i hate the paint alot. and why they discontinue the s15 they could of kept it.or gave it to me lol

Comment

Taniguchi's been dricing the Red Line Altezza for some time and he did some scores with it in the Super Taikyu. I bet he's not going to disappoint us.

Comment

Originally posted by FC_RAUL
                              I like it The S15 was cool but the Altezza is a lot more original. I get tired of seeing silvias all the time.
                              true that. hardly see any altezzas drifting,

Comment

it' s different ill say that, but what does it matter what it looks like, is there any video of it yet? thats the true test is how good the driver and car work together.

Comment

Working...
                                X