Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHRIS RADO'S 2500HP V8 Supra

CHRIS RADO'S 2500HP SUPRA

"It’s a BIG engine… which one you ask? This is a 376 cubic inch Toyota 3UR-FE V8 which can rev to 10,000 RPMs and handle up to 50 lbs of boost. This power plant is typically found in most late model Toyota Tundras and Sequoias. "
    Feature By SPEEDHUNTERS
    http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011...ing-supra.aspx

Is this a drift car?

Comment

If he actually does something worthwhile with it, I'll take him off my $#!t-list.

Comment

Highly doubtful it will serve any real purpose other than maybe top speed. Problem is its going to be difficult to keep that power to the ground even at high speeds. I can't see this car doing anything impressive at low speeds enless boost comes on around 5 to 6K. Time will tell. Hopefully they will have full specs at SEMA.

Comment

FD has turned into D1 with 800hp+ cars why can't both D1 and FD set a hp maximum per car?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
            FD has turned into D1 with 800hp+ cars why can't both D1 and FD set a hp maximum per car?
            Who says this car is going to be for FD? Or drifting at all? No doubt it can get sideways, but i don't see this being a purpose built drift car.

And whats wrong with 800+hp FD cars anyhow? There are plenty of lower HP cars that can run with the higher power rides currently running in FD.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post
              Who says this car is going to be for FD? Or drifting at all? No doubt it can get sideways, but i don't see this being a purpose built drift car.

And whats wrong with 800+hp FD cars anyhow? There are plenty of lower HP cars that can run with the higher power rides currently running in FD.
              Name one please.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                Name one please.
                Dai's car is around 500 hp

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                  Name one please.
                  As stated in the previous post, Dai's V8 S13 is pushing around 500hp, Chris Foresbergs 370Z is around that number as well. Both are more than compeditive, and when Chris was running the convertable 350Z, his HP figures were rather concervative as well. Around 440 or so and he still ran with 700HP boys.
                  Sam's Challenger is in th 800hp range and look where its gotten him.

Now if your taking about 2, to 300 Hp s13's and such, no. I don't see any at the moment that are compeditive.

Comment

Working...
                  X