Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ripper
    bore it, get a stroker kit. and see what happens
    ps (indy throttle bodies kick *Censored**Censored**Censored*)
    Independent Throttle Bodies.....

here's the thing about ITB's. You see them mounted straight on the head with a minimum of intake manifold...with a setup like that, peak torque is very, very high. A bored stroked KA is not going to spin happily to 10 or 11k. What you would need is a manifold of sort so that you could extend the runner lenght to something like 16 inches, which will bring your theoretical peak torque down to a more obtainable rpm.

So yes, they own, but unless you can do some fabrication they aren't a very good solution for a KA.

Comment

SOHC KAs like carbs, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
        SOHC KAs like carbs, by the way.
        whatchu mean by they like carbs?

Comment

but now every one gets a sr's now day's i would almost want to give more $ and get a RB24 or what ever one you want

Comment

RBs suck for turning.

I mean they like carburetors... you know, those things that came before fuel injection?

Comment

any engine likes carbs if you know what you are doing. There is a road race version of the 240sx that has been running around for a few years, they got 240+ hp if i remember right out of the engine, sohc, carb'd, high comp, huge cam. but, it is not at all streetable, im sure it idles at like 2500, super rough idle too. Its just not easy to make n/a hp out of small displacement engines. I think 200 could be done with cams, sohc pistons in the dohc, and individual carbs, there are guys with 1.6 ltr engines making 200+, so it wouldnt be impossible on the KA and still be streetable, but its really hard and expensive. The KA block seems like it was made for turbo though with its forged internals (sans pistons) and low-ish compression. Throw sr20 injectors on, safc, fmic, a little timing and a turbo and manifold and you are good to go, making around 220 hp with minor tuning and 7 psi. Turn up the boost, guys have made 350+++ on stock block ka engines. check out the nico forums, absolutly the best information on any nissan engines you could find.

Comment

The 240 bhp version is actually the street version. According to a Norcal guy that has one, it's very streetable.

The 300+bhp version is the one with the high idle, etc. Race only, used in the NASPORT racing series.

They are all carb'ed, SOHC KA, with cleaned up stock cranks spinning to 8k rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by smcginnis87
                  but now every one gets a sr's now day's i would almost want to give more $ and get a RB24 or what ever one you want
                  RB24 are to heavy, yeah you can get lots of torque out of them, but to heavy if you compare it to an SR20.

Comment

what's the compression ratio in a KA?

Comment

9.5:1 in the DE

Comment

Originally posted by dizguy View Post
                        RB24 are to heavy, yeah you can get lots of torque out of them, but to heavy if you compare it to an SR20.
                        So um...
                        Which motor would you be talking about?
                        The RB20?
                        The RB25?
                        The RB26?
                        or the RB30?

There was never a 2.4 liter RB motor made.
                        Please get your facts straight.

Also, the RB is not terrible amounts heavier than either the KA or the SR, and battery relocation, stripping, weight management, etc will have your dist. back to 50/50.

Have you ever drifted an RB powered vehicle? Have you even ever driven an RB powered vehicle?
                        All that for approaching 300hp stock, and a bigger displacement and more cylinders to react to modifications better...

Hm, I see why you chose the SR.

Comment

Working...
                        X