R.I.P. Shaun Carlson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big mohawk in the sky!

This is by far the worst news I have had in 2009. To have lost such a friend and a tireless contributor to our unique brand and style of motorsports not only hurts me but it hurts the whole world. Shaun, you will be missed and never forgotten. The words to explain how you helped create and shape the drifting scene in the USA have not been invented yet...

Comment

He brought and found joy

Ancient Egyptians believed that upon death they would be asked two questions and their answers would determine whether they could continue their journey in the afterlife. The first question was, "Did you bring joy?"
      The second was, "Did you find joy?"
      -Leo Buscaglia

The paddock at Formula Drift events is going to be far too quiet from here on. Shaun was a fighter and passionate about everything he did. He never compromised, and he will be missed.

Comment

My condolences to friends and family...it's always sad to hear such news. To an innovator...

Comment

TEXT FROM The Official Shaun Carlson/NUFORMZ tribute page;

Special Sparco fire suit made for the Formula Drift Finals 10/09. All the pro drivers signed this suit which is amazing. Worn by our driver Samuel "The Crazy Swede" Hubinette. Sam drove the wheels off the Viper and did a great job this past weekend!!

Comment

TEXT FROM The Official Shaun Carlson/NUFORMZ tribute page;
            Pat M. reppin the Carlson mohawk. Great tribute!!!! Irwindale 10/09

Comment

Yes, I get the idea that Shaun rode along with Sam and looked over with a big smile on his face. Those two definitely had an understanding.

That's the gift.

Comment

Working...
              X