ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(PREDICTIONS) TOYOTA FT-86 By 2012 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (PREDICTIONS) TOYOTA FT-86 By 2012 Season?

By 2012?
    Who will be the first to drive it?
    How do you think the FT-86 will do without a swap?

i say it possible as for 2012 and as for driver maybe asbo and as for a swap if a sr20 can do good I'm sure a good turbo kit will do.

Comment

it uses the subaru engine doesn;t it so get the closed deck engine in there and it will run good numbers and decent torque all day long. boxes are the weak point in the setup stock but put a posh rally box in there and jobs a good un.

i'd imagine though these things are gonna be relatively heavy though so would need to strip the guts out it and go on a major diet to get that genuine 86 experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran View Post
        it uses the subaru engine doesn;t it so get the closed deck engine in there and it will run good numbers.
        Thumbs up

And yeah, if its released in 2012 we will see it next year for sure. Does anyone know the wheel base or width yet? That's a key factor in my eyes, hopefully bigger then a TC but smaller then the Genesis coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
          Thumbs up

And yeah, if its released in 2012 we will see it next year for sure. Does anyone know the wheel base or width yet? That's a key factor in my eyes, hopefully bigger then a TC but smaller then the Genesis coupe.
          The press release says
          4,235mm long
          1,795mm wide
          1,270mm high
          2,570mm wheelbase

Project engineer hints at 2700lbs

Comment

I don't think we will see the car in 2012 for US drifting. Toyota has yet to confirm if they will release the FT86 in 2012 in America (at least I have not read anything up to this point). Toyota does not have a strong manufacture presence in Formula Drift except for Scion. If this is the vehicle that will be used to bring Toyota into professional American drifting, I say it will probably be 2013 or very late 2012 (mostly depending on when the FT-86 will be released here) and would have a warm welcome by the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
              The press release says
              4,235mm long
              1,795mm wide
              1,270mm high
              2,570mm wheelbase

Project engineer hints at 2700lbs
              Cool, per FD rules you can make this thing darn competitive on 275s without shaving a bunch of weight.

Comment

I like it.
                The stock specs show a good start for a competitive platform.
                With a Cosworth or Tomei built motor and a decent transmission it would be a killer.
                What nobody seems to have touched upon is the fact that it should have superior handling characteristics. This being due to the fact of being designed as a RWD from the start, the Flat Four can be mounted entirely behind the front axle line since it does not have to accommodate the front drive axles.
                Coupled with the naturally low center of gravity in the driveline the chassis balance should be outstanding.
                I look forward to seeing what can be done with this set up, either in the Toyota or Subaru variant.

Comment

Working...
                X