ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KEN GUSHI; Ford MUSTANG GT Drift Car DRIVER! (OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEN GUSHI; Ford MUSTANG GT Drift Car DRIVER! (OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE)

Toyo Tires® and Ford Racing Performance Parts
    Announce 2005 Ford Mustang GT Drift Car with Driver Ken Gushi

Toyo Tires® and Ford Racing Performance Parts announce their all new 2005 Ford Mustang GT drift car equipped with Toyo Proxes T1-S™ ultra-high performance radials in 255/45R18 front and 285/40R18 rear sizes. Piloting this exciting new Mustang is 18-year-old Ken Gushi, a rising young star in the sport of Drifting.

The white Mustang features a GT-R themed body kit that includes front and rear fascias, rocker cover, quarters, a rear wing and blue competition stripes. The American muscle staccato and tire smoking horsepower will come from a 4.6-liter 4-valve V8 Supercharged Cobra “Terminator” engine with an anticipated 500+ rear wheel horsepower. Pumping massive quantities of air and fuel through the engine is a Ford Racing - Whipple Supercharger Upgrade Kit, a Cobra Air Meter and Clean Air Tube and a Magna Flow Cat-back Performance Exhaust System. Additional components include a 4.10 Ring & Pinion Upgrade Kit, Custom 2-piece Driveshaft and a Cobra “Terminator” 6-speed T-56 Manual Transmission. A full suspension treatment will be applied to this car, while interior components include Cobra R Recaro Racing Seats and a full complement of Ford Racing Gauges.

The 18-inch Cobra “R” chrome wheels will be shod with Proxes T1-S™ radials from Toyo Tires®. Toyo’s Proxes T1-S™ provides the ultimate in traction for street performance machines. Its DSOC II™ computer design technology ensures a quality performance product, while its aggressive tread design enhances the appearance of your car.

The newest member of Team Toyo Drift is Ken Gushi, who will be piloting this wild 2005 Ford Mustang GT. Gushi was born in Okinawa, Japan, but has spent much of his life in the U.S. At a young age, he had already won events such as the $10,000.00 Winner-Take-All International Drifting Shoot-Out during the Road & Track U.S. Sports Car Invitational. Gushi has enjoyed great media popularity having been featured in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today and several youth market and niche automotive publications. Look for Ken Gushi and his Toyo Tires® and Ford Racing Performance Parts 2005 Ford Mustang GT at a drifting event near you.

well thats good news. Even though im not to fond of the mustang i still think it has potential.

So when are we going to get to see some pics???

Comment

Thatll be good for gushi because it will probally help his career but as someone has said before the offical announcement it will hurt his underdog factor. Also how hard will the transiction be from an s13 to a mustang? Although im not a mustang fan it should be good for ken and i wish him good luck!

Tim

Comment

I'd like to extend my congrats to Ken and the Gushi fam before the haters get a hold of this.

For a kid so young to become the 3rd Factory sponsored drifter stateside is awesome. This will be great for his career, great publicity for his driving and Gushi Auto, and all around great for him. Hell, if he's still planning on going to college next year, I'm sure the driver salary will definitely help with tuition.

I'll miss his Green Machine like everyone else, but if I had his skills, I would probably do the same.

Anyways, that's my two cents.

See you at Drift Day, Ken! Congrats!

SageCraft@hotmail.com
        Jonny

Comment

What are we going to hate about? That the Mustang isn't JDM? JDM is overrated anyways...

I'm glad for Ken Gushi. I wish him the best of luck and an awesome season next year.

Comment

HOLY CRAP

Comment

Re: KEN GUSHI; Ford MUSTANG GT Drift Car DRIVER!

Originally posted by INFO
              ... Toyo’s Proxes T1-S™ provides the ultimate in traction for street performance machines. ...
              am i the only one that caught that?

Comment

toyo proxy t1-s verses the yokahama advan neovas

Comment

i'm not sure if i like this or not. but for ken, it is a huge step for his career. if the new mustang is a good car and setup well, ken will be unstoppable!!

Comment

OMG that car looks like a beast. One thing that caught me was the 500+ hp expected. JEBUS CHRIS, thats friggin amazing. Thats like the Benihana or Toxic Drift Viper, that thing will have so much torque, cant wait to see what will happen!

PS-Ken is teh ownage.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                      HOLY CRAP

Lol is it me or does Stephen Papadakis look a little worried in the background lol I'm just kidding

Comment

papadakis should stick to drag racing...After reading the article in superstreet about tarzan teaching them how to drift...and they only drifting in 1st and 2nd gear...and him ( papadakis ) discussing how hard it was...i laughed. I noticed that they commented on everyone else afterwards like the strong and weak points but not papadakis...no one said anything that would make it seem like he wasnt as great as he is hyped up to be...i say this largly because super street talks about him being the next d1 driver a couple times in past issues...and he can barely drift 1st or 2nd gear...anyone else seeing anything else wrong with that??

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
                          anyone else seeing anything else wrong with that??
                          Yes. Im seeing that you are a worthless idiot.

/yourself.

-Al

Comment

papadakis should stick to drag racing...After reading the article in superstreet about tarzan teaching them how to drift...and they only drifting in 1st and 2nd gear...and him ( papadakis ) discussing how hard it was...i laughed. I noticed that they commented on everyone else afterwards like the strong and weak points but not papadakis...no one said anything that would make it seem like he wasnt as great as he is hyped up to be...i say this largly because super street talks about him being the next d1 driver a couple times in past issues...and he can barely drift 1st or 2nd gear...anyone else seeing anything else wrong with that??
                            Dog, papadakis loves drifting, spends his own money on drifting, and as long as he doesn't quit, will get better at drifting.

Comment

Well either way...

Honda loves the boy. He's got a brand spanking new S2000 to play with...

Comment

Working...
                              X