X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Irwindale 2012

(FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Irwindale 2012

Please post your feedback on this thread

Great final event! Great event coverage on the drift stream.

Comment

i only got to watch the finals run, can someone tell me what happend with mordaunt and JR cause when i saw mordaunt moved on i figured JR must have spun or something but i wasn't sure?

Comment

ZTK - JR spun when following Pat as he hit the switchback clipping point on the big bank.

Overall, the event was intense. I found it hard to describe what was going on via the livestream because I was so excited and wound up with all the drama. Hopefully the viewers were understanding!

Hats off to all the drivers who left it all out on track. I don't think we've seen so much carnage in a final round, but it just goes to show how hard everyone was pushing.

Every year, I seem to have a point where I get jaded on drifting in general. But every year, after Irwindale, I am more enthusiastic than ever. This year is no different, and I think that's solely due to the amazing tandem matches.

It's only October 14th, but I'm already looking forward to April in Long Beach!

PS - if you guys have feedback or insight on the livestream (outside of the small technical issues), feel free to post it up. This is my first year working with the livestream, and I've done what I could to make it informative and entertaining.

Comment

thanks slapshot, figured thats what happened. nothing against pat, just didnt see him taking JR.

and yes very intense, i dont think ive ever gone crazier when JTP hit the wall in his chase run with Daigo

Comment

I've never seen so many families attend a drifting event. From newborns to 80 year olds.
            There should be family seating area. Parents with kids area. I haven't seen so many kids throw paper airplanes since D1 days.
            They were more excited about the wave and airplanes. But again the majority of families left by the final 4.

The place was so packed. During half time the longest line I ever seen was for Ken Block.
            I heard someone say "The only people I know is Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Ken Block".(monster? fantasy factory?)

For the drifting though it was one the most exciting events I ever seen. Amazing

Drifting over grew Irwindale we might have to go to Fontana for FD.
            maybe have 2 pro/ams at Irwindale.

Comment

Posted by FORMULA D Yesterday
              "Was just informed we are officially sold out before the the doors opened. First time in FD history for this event. First time in Irwindale Speedway history."

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                ZTK - JR spun when following Pat as he hit the switchback clipping point on the big bank.

Overall, the event was intense. I found it hard to describe what was going on via the livestream because I was so excited and wound up with all the drama. Hopefully the viewers were understanding!

Hats off to all the drivers who left it all out on track. I don't think we've seen so much carnage in a final round, but it just goes to show how hard everyone was pushing.

Every year, I seem to have a point where I get jaded on drifting in general. But every year, after Irwindale, I am more enthusiastic than ever. This year is no different, and I think that's solely due to the amazing tandem matches.

It's only October 14th, but I'm already looking forward to April in Long Beach!

PS - if you guys have feedback or insight on the livestream (outside of the small technical issues), feel free to post it up. This is my first year working with the livestream, and I've done what I could to make it informative and entertaining.

Jacob,
                you did a great job this round on the livestream... but i have to ask. whats your opinion on the Daigo vs Field tandem... i felt it should of been a OMT or Field... your thoughts ?

Comment

I liked the blue lines and lights for the course. Formula D needs to put this kind of effort into all non road track courses.

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_Fan View Post
                    Jacob,
                    you did a great job this round on the livestream... but i have to ask. whats your opinion on the Daigo vs Field tandem... i felt it should of been a OMT or Field... your thoughts ?
                    At the event, I thought Field beat Daigo on the first run. When it went OMT, I understood that the judges were likely docking Field for contacting the wall and having to adjust. I saw more corrections from Daigo than from Field overall, but I could justify the OMT based on not having a clear cut winner.

During the OMT, I mentioned on the drift stream that Daigo really didn't suck in close to Field until the last turn. Considering that Daigo entered 9mph faster than Field did, Field was just as close as Daigo was in tandem which was impressive. Field took a much wider line thru the inner bank on both runs, and I thought he did better on proximity. I would have been OK with a second OMT as both drivers made some mistakes and were similar on proximity. But the judges maybe saw something I didn't see, and they have the final say. I've been a judge before (with NOPI) and know what it's like to make a decision on some close runs. Sometimes, it comes down to 1 correction here or there. Both Joey and I said several times that we're glad we're not a judge. Because the driving this year is just THAT close!

Drifting just posted a link to the livestream - http://www.drifting.com/forums/pictu...le-2012-a.html - watching the runs again and hearing my commentary, I still feel the same way as I did live.

Comment

great event! my friends and I had fun!!

BTW, how do I file a blaze1 missing persons report?

Comment

This was one of the best Irwindale events ever. The whole season was one of the best ever. As Jacob said before, the performances, the drama, the competition was all the best it has ever been this season.

I can't really comment on the livestream only because since I was there I was not watching but I am sure you did a good job.

I do however have two tiny notes about the event.

The first: There were a little too many non-hard card holders in the "hard card only" area on the infield. However, next year media credentialling is going to be stricter so I cannot be too upset about that (hopefully I still qualify lol).

The second: during half time there were giveaways at the exeddy booth which caused a huge line that went right across foot traffic of people leaving the grandstands to go to the vendor area and it turned into a MASSIVE CLUSTER F**K. If god forbid something happend a human stampede could have started that could have seriously hurt people. There were many parents with their kids in strollers stuck in that mess.

I would suggest that Formula Drift put out a note to vendors that if they are going to do giveaways they make sure they form an organized area to do it that will not impede foot traffic to/from major areas. If they already did that then I'd reccomend they try to monitor it a little better. No one wants to see people get hurt over free tshirts or a plastic fan.

Other than that everything was awesome. I am really looking forward to 2013
                        Last edited by MonkeySlide; 10-16-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                          The second: during half time there were giveaways at the exeddy both which caused a huge line that went right across foot traffic of people leaving the grandstands to go to the vendor area and it turned into a MASSIVE CLUSTER F**K. If god forbid something happend a human stampede could have started that could have seriously hurt people. There were many parents with their kids in strollers stuck in that mess.
                          +1 on that!

Comment

Working...
                          X