No announcement yet.

Mazda 929 Drift Machine....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at mid 90's and the 5spd was still available, not sure what you mean by "newer one." I did come across one about an hour from me back when I was looking for a new/used car a year ago. I agree, not too many people get a large car and put the manual in it. It almost feels odd to do so, but some would be interesting to drive with one, Infinity Q45 for example, another large rwd drift boat, lol.

Comment

Im 100% sure that the 91-95 929 had no 5 speed

the future is a Q45 for me, its all about japanese boats...

Comment

Hmm, I guess you're right. Odd, cause I probably wouldn't have been looking at it if it didn't come with a manual...anywho...

Q45 would be cool to see.

Comment

W00W.....and i thought no one drifted 4drs in the states, guess i was proved wrong, 19s and a Rotary engine...sounds dope, props to you for being unique and not joining the 240 club.

Comment

haha, being 6'5 and 300lbs makes it kinda hard to even fit in a 240...

its all about havin a unique ride

Comment

True, there's no need to conform to the masses. Where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by mk3mann
                man these Luce's or 929's for say are getting VERY tempting..

are the steering wheel hubs the same as the RX7?? Nardi etc...?

I found that out on my mk3 supra turbo. The AE86 steering wheel hub is the EXACT SAME hub spline as the supra...and the cressida, and the trucks....go figure.

so i am GUESSING its the same for the other manufacturers....mazda forsay.

I just thought i would point out the ugly 2 spoke steering wheels thats all

but DANG i would love to swap a 1jz in one of those bad boys!

or just do a single turbo on the v6!!!
                the JDM Luce came wid a single turbo JFT 2L V6, it made close to 200HP and 200lb-ft of torque, stock, I considering this motor in the future aswell

man u got me really thinkin about doing this Steering wheel swap, Im lookin into it for sure, a nice Black leather RX7 wheel would look sic, thanks...

Comment

hey again mazda man LOL.

Yeah, i would not see why NOT a FC rx7 steering wheel hub would fit. Are the Nardi/Momo/SParco hubs al the same size for an FD or FC? If so, i would say 99% YES to a fitment on the 929....i took the $30 leap for Nardi hub from a AE86 and was SURPRISED when it did fit...LOL
                  those types of parts that we DO NOT see usually are just from a parts bin, nothing more......the dash wires, relays, hookups....seat bracketry...you name it its from a parts bin...

seat wise, i would say you could get some brackets from an FC out of a Junkyard and see if they match.....you see where i am going!

-Jonathan Mann

Comment

Im thinkin the FC wheel will be alright, then again a Momo woodgrain wheel would look sic too...

as for seats, some FD seats would fit real nice aswell as free up more interior space which is good for me, I actually just swapped in a full 1991 929S interior, then again a set of old school black Recaros would look sic up front...

see where Im goin with this...

Comment

my brid brix 2 knock off's

my toms' racing 4pt harness....REAL...no fake harness here.

and my wheels...

Toms C7R...second set in the united states.

and my car:

I am JDM mad tyTe yO.....lol

now i want a 929 to start on a JDM 4 door VIP for an everyday driver....

Mazda 929 here i come LOL

Comment

you should get a FB rx7 wood grain wheel for it....that would be hot

Comment

this again shows me how much i hate you mk3mann. thanks for that 86 hub info, i was havin trouble findin a hub for my nardi wheel. And where in the hell did you get those harnesses? I'll need em once i get a 1jz clip.

Comment

man I need to see a pic of the FB woodgrain wheel, hmm

that nardi wheel is nice , so u plan on starting a 929 project car ??? are you gonna get a base or an S ?

Comment

S model 5 speed. no other.

keeping drive train and other gizmos stock. just for looks some deep dish 18's and lowering it ( slamming it) and a nice cocked out exhaust for that drifter look....and it will sound good, that small discplacement 6 cylinder sound!!!

if ANYONE finds a 5 speed S model for sale...shoot me up. I am in the market for one right now!

No problem Ziptyed...Research research research. I saw a Nardi hub on ebay a while back, and on the box it had all th cars that the hub fit. The supra however wasnt on there...i guess becuase no one tunes them here in the states like they do the cressida, 86', trucks, and so on.

Also i got my TOMS' harness off of ebay my MISTAKE. I bidded a max bid of like $100 bucks....the night before the harness was up. I expected it to go higher...but i won it LOL...there is another one on ebay right now...but its in bad shape...Jarco has it.
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT ..it obviously went for alot cheaper....its in BAD shape. Mine is BRAND NEW. Never used.
                              And hte guy that was selling the knock off Bride's on ebay got shut down for it....de doesnt sell anything on ebay anymore

But i love my knock offs. I am 6'2 180 lbs and fit snugly but NOT uncomfortably in them. If you can find some knock offs for cheap GET THEM...i am VERY SUPRISED by the build quality...here is some more pics of my seats:

the stiching is phenominal:

for some reason the fabric really reflects in the flash of the camera...its not shiny at all in person. Flat black soft fabric. Very high quality fit and finish.
                              and for $335 shipped to my door...how can you argue?

-Jonathan mann
                              Last edited by mk3mann; 01-24-2005, 05:49 PM.

Comment

sorry to break news but they never made a 5 speed S model, the base is the only 929 that came wid the 5 speed, and good luck with that, cause they are very, very, rare...

the exuast set up on my 929 sound pretty good, I can imagin that a custom set up on the DOHC motor would sound real nice too, they already come with a stock dual set up to single muffler tailpipe...
                                Last edited by 9ine Deuce; 01-24-2005, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X