No announcement yet.

RX7 stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah yeah, your forgot the RX-3....but thats not the point, its just that no other company produces them, and they arent mass production. So, joe schmo mechanic has no idea how to work on them unless he wants to specialize.

Comment

Originally posted by su_maverick
      It depends on the application. The 13B-REW TT set up will prolly only last about 110k at max and that is with pampering. A hard driven FD will last around 60-80k. Mine is in the shop for its first rebuild as we speak and it is at 81k. Best things to do are cooling and air flow to make it last longer. And if you rebuild, get the 3mm apex seals. IMO
      just wanted to add with more air flow you must add more fuel as well.

Comment

covered that on the last page . But its nice to know another owner out there knows this.

Comment

yeap yeap.... more fuel = flames out the exhaust hahaha unless of course u tune it right ;D

Comment

Cool, maybe I can be the next FD in F&F3 .

Comment

hahaha good luck.... it's supposedly gonna be in japan.... so hopefully they get some nice looking cars in there not some painted stock mobiles

Comment

oh geez...I was kidding. I guess this time they are going to take a stock RX-8 and have it beat a R34. sigh.....

Comment

why would they have to disgrace the skyline like that. i am not saying the RX-8 sucks, its just that they are on different levels. like comparing a festiva to a supra. one is economy and one is just great. but would revving the engine till it heats up solve the flooding problem?

Comment

again,joking. The reason I stated that is that they had a eclipse spyder going against a hemi. They are clueless

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper
                      what about Rx-2's and 6'?
                      6??? no such thing

they came in R100, rx2, rx3, rx4, rx5, rx7, rx8, cosmo, and a few other obscure things, but these are the common ones

cheers

Comment

for all i know rotary engines are more efficient cuz uses less parts than a piston engine.

Comment

also in regards to flooding

if you run a aftermarket computer, you shouldnt have a prob, also mazda built-in a system that works like a carby set up, if it floods hold you foot flat to the floor and it should clear, just hope ya battery is up to it

if ya want answers go to www.ausrotary.com

there are plently of guys there that really know there stuff, right down to what series has what thread on bolts etc.

cheers

Comment

thank you very much for the answer and information. i really want to find out about the RX-7 because i recently found two N/A fcs in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by EP13B
                              6??? no such thing

they came in R100, rx2, rx3, rx4, rx5, rx7, rx8, cosmo, and a few other obscure things, but these are the common ones

cheers

Mmmmmmm, cosmo...three rotor engine

Comment

are there any simple books on rotary engines? for me "rotary engines explained in three pictures" something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X