LSD in my S14?? How do I find out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD in my S14?? How do I find out?

My 1995 S14 is a SE but with no ABS. How can I find out if it has a LSD under it? Thanks for the help!

jack up the rear of the car and turn one wheel. If the other turns then you have LSD.

Comment

Re: LSD in my S14?? How do I find out?

Originally posted by TX Drifter
      My 1995 S14 is a SE but with no ABS. How can I find out if it has a LSD under it? Thanks for the help!
      What's up with all these SEs getting parts raped from them? Do you have 5 lug hubs or not?

Comment

5 lugs...yes

Comment

5 lugs...yes
          And you're sure you dont have ABS?

Comment

yuppers....

Comment

turn the wheel, mash the pedal... count the lines... two=yes one=no

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
                turn the wheel, mash the pedal... count the lines... two=yes one=no
                hahahaha exactly.

Comment

I wish I could but no go.... Engine=Good paper weight

Comment

Originally posted by Raziel
                    jack up the rear of the car and turn one wheel. If the other turns then you have LSD.
                    Thats the technical way...

you can aways do it the fun way though. The fun way would be taking your car out (if its running) and tape your self doing donuts. Heh... If you see smoke from both wheels, then you have LSD

Comment

Here's another, Find a wet street and push the accellerator, near WOT to distrub traction, pay attention to how the car moves, if it is in a uniform flow such as pulling to the left or right easly, or going foward smoothly, then you have an lsd. Also, you can try to peelout and ask a friend to watch your tires from the rear of the car or the fun way as One Drift has stated, it is fun..hehe. After all these years i still like to mess around in the rain, when i first got my car i learned how it reacted doing this; i was more confident if something crazy happened. Through the rain i learn how to drift, to certain extent, e.i. steering, reaction, braking the rear out, etc.

Comment

I wish I could but no go.... Engine=Good paper weight
                        Did you try the what i suggested?

Comment

yes I did. I spin one tire and no action from the other....bad news. Oh well. Thanks for all the input guys. You all have been so helpful. Many thanks!

Comment

i was wondering if any one can define abs and lsd for me.

Comment

Originally posted by chuaboi36
                              i was wondering if any one can define abs and lsd for me.
                              ABS= anti-lock brake system

LSD= Limited Slip Differential...(not the drug )

Comment

Working...
                              X