• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 4agze in my 87 gts

Comment

RB26DETTZ or 20B

Comment

If you buy a lsd for a sr5 an then later on you decide to swap the motor to a 4ag would that lsd fit in correctly to the drivetrain

Comment

An SR5 rearend is completly different then the GTS rearend. They have different axles and a different center section, so I highly doubt you could put a LSD in one. You could weld your diff but that is usually not advised.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST/^\DRIFTer
            i want to know how much the 4age 16v goes for
            you can find stock bluetop engines for 300-500.

Comment

sounds kinda looser but i havent find a page that has 20valves engines 4 sale...where i can see,and get one on the internet???

Comment

I odnt know where to buy one off the net. But i know a place that ships them out for under 1500 dollars. Well its 1500 for shipping and the motor. But it ahs under 40,000 miles. Heres the number to call. 1-800-839-4536.

Comment

Theres a company around club4a that will take your car, and install the 20v including all the work for only 1500.

They provide the engine, wiring harness, ecu, "Tuning", everything you need and the install it for that price.

Comment

if your ooking to convert a sr5 to gts visit www.fourtendrift.com we have pics and info on doing that on our forums. I am in the middle of swapping in a JDM redtop into my car right now. If you have any questions I'm sure I can help out. I know a place local where you can get a JDM 4age 16 or 20 valve for under $600.
                    Last edited by bmoredrift; 08-31-2004, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysGts
                      Theres a company around club4a that will take your car, and install the 20v including all the work for only 1500.

They provide the engine, wiring harness, ecu, "Tuning", everything you need and the install it for that price.
                      No way i odnt beleive it. Unless its 1500 for the install and they make you buy your own engine and provide all of the nesesary parts to do the swap.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST/^\DRIFTer
                        If you buy a lsd for a sr5 an then later on you decide to swap the motor to a 4ag would that lsd fit in correctly to the drivetrain

You cant buy a LSD for a SR5 rear axle as they dont make them. If you were planning on welding the spider gears, just look into getting a spool or a locker. They are about $100-150. They do the same as welding the open diff. But if you want a lsd you have to swap out the entire rear end. Sr5 rears are small and skinny, and the axles in them wont support a limited slip. If you decide to swap out the rear, the motor really doesnt have anything to do with it, but the drive shaft does. The gts drive shaft is about 5-7mm smaller (I'm not 100% sure the exact mm but its off) You can try and find a rear end and a driveshaft or you can mod your sr5 shaft by cutting it (be careful). If you have any other questions feel free to visit our team forums at www.fourtendrift.com we are always glad to help.

Comment

They provide the engine, wiring harness, and ECU- plus the installation for 1500 bucks.

Ill have to find them again... theres so many posts on club 4a haha, and searchz take forever

Comment

Would the Celica GT-S motor fit in an AE86 FB/Coupe?

Because, I know that the motor in the Celica is horizontally mounted, and the AE86 motor is vertically mounted. Meaning, fabricated motor mounts would be needed for the swap.

But, my main question is...would the Celica's 6 speed tranny fit in the AE86? If not, what tranny would fit both the engine and tranny mounts (stock or fabricated)?

Thanks a lot.

All help is greatly appreciated.

By the way, the only reason I would want a Celica GT-S swap is because I live in Cali. And a JDM motor is out of question for emissions. Plus, I'd like to make it into a nice dd.

Comment

The real answer is yes, and no.

You could put damn near any engine in this car IF you had the money.

Its not because its an FF engine it wont fit in there propery- its becuase its a different engine all together. The silver top 4age, is an FF engine but its motor mounts are the same as the Blue top 4age engine mounts.

Sooo, assuming this engine would actually fit under the hood (im going off my head- i dont know specifications but this is a "General" list for an engine swap)

Youll need new engine mounts, a new clutch, the celica GTS 6 speed tranny, a custom drive shaft.

More then likely, the 6-speed would not fit in the gts...so the inside of the car would need to be guted, the transmision bell (the buldge) Would need to be cut away- and a new one would need to be made to fit. Custom mounts would also need to be made to hold this tranny to it.

The wiring harness and ECu from the celica gts would be needed too at least.

Things to over come: Well just the basics- Some custom headers would be needed to be made for this swap as the stock exhaust manifold on the gts engine would not fit. The intake box MIGHT and probably does face the wrong way- so the the intake would need to be modified as well.

Over all- very costly... and not worth it. Talking 15 grand, give or take a few.

You could buy a formula atlantic engine and have it put in for this much, if youve never seen say initial d:

Think of a 20v silver top tuend to mid 200 horsepower around 10-12,000 rpms (depends on the year as it changes often- takumis from initial d was 240 horsepower at 11,000 rpms)

That swap would cost you about 13-15 for everything.

Comment

what places can get you a 4age?

Comment

Working...
                                X