No announcement yet.

AE86; How much do they cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I was thinking about getting an 86 corolla GTS for my drift car. And I hear that paying for engine swap, turbo, and all the stuff i need ta keep it running would be a b*tch.

I'm not worried about how good it drifts or not, just wondering is it really tough to keep it running?"

Comment

You said you wanted a drift car, but you said you didn't care how "well" it drifts. So it's a paradox(something that contradicts each other, but is true). Ghost already pointed this out in another forum.

Comment

yea i know im a noob at this.
        but you are to start somewhere right?

lol yes i do go to the beginners section !

Comment

Would you please stick to one screen name already...

Comment

Stick to one screen name, and stay in the NOOB section if you arnt willing to listen to us.

Comment

Ah! WTH? This is Okinawa man, I only have two screen names. Seriously only 2. My other one got banned for something that didn't make sense. I said I didn't care about how it drifts, because I have heard many facts on this forum about how it does. But now, I was wondering how much they cost and parts I'll need. I'm sorry that I have to explain everything I say to you.

Oh and I never said I was a pro. Where did you get that from. What I meant by more than you imagine, is like how much do you think a kid without a liscense would drive? I drive almost everyday in my dad's lexus ls400, and rx300. I usually drive my cousins 2000 Honda Civic hatch.

And yes, I have drifted before....

And quit being so darn mean, whats your problem, I'm new, trying to learn stuff. I'd think people like you would ruin a beginer's experience...

Comment

i agree.

people shouldnt flame b/c we dont know as much as some of the experienced drifters.

new people wanna learn and wanna get into the drifting community and the community grows.

Comment

I agree with you too. BUT some beginners come accross like: "Oh, I'm going to buy a GTS and be the drift master!"

Look, here's my advice to a new driver/drifter.

1. Buy a beater RWD car
                  2. Buy the repair manual for it
                  3. Join that car's local internet message board
                  4. Go to a driving school (if you can't skip to #5)
                  5. Go to a Local Autocross - Some clubs have Evolution driving school

6. Go to local track events
                  7. READ, READ, READ Everything you can about your car, and driving physics.

I guarantee you that even ONE autocross will make you learn so much about your car. It's never the car, always the driver.

Comment

I see what you mean, thanks for the steps. I was definetly thinking about going to driving school. But I doubt your were pointing this toward me, but I don't think I'll be a master drifter, I just love the GTS, one of my favorites...

But I see your a miata drifter, what do you think of it? Good car for beginers?

You see, I'm just trying to find the car that'll fit me and my budget accordingly, so I'm open to opinions.

Comment

i heard that miata's are good cars to drift.

but its not too popular.

i personally dont like the roadster.

Comment

Miatas don't have long wheel bases, so it really can't hold a long drift. Not really a excellent drift car, but a decent drift car nonetheless...

Comment

240sx...

Comment

Yeah I'd love to buy that one of ya, but I guess your not willling to 8)

Comment

lol not trying to stir up things but i heard somewhere there say "there are many RWD imports out there".....well does it have to be and import? i wanna try and get a 5.0 stang hell of a lot cheaper to mod and work with IMO than doing a 240sx SR20DET or CA18DET swap.(imean in the long run) i think i could compare a stang to an mkiii drifting cus of the weight. i also like mkiiis so dont think that i am a domestic lover, i love anything with 4 wheels. and please dont flame me its just my opinion correct me if i am wrong cus i am starting out as well.

Comment

That's true, I assumed he was looking for import since he mentioned the AE86. I agree with you though If I was tight on cash I'd pickup a grandma Caprice Classic and tear it up LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X