New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy

Hey guys, I'm new here so yea. I've been goin to this site and reading posts for awhile.I just never felt like registering though. But then thats a good thing in some ways cuz i learned a lot by just listening rather than opening my mouth without knowing a thing.

Welcome to the site., what kind of car do you use? and how much experience do you have drifting?

Comment

Well no experience in drifting at all cuz im only 15 at the time. But i turn 16 on the 12th so im pretty excited about that. Also i get my license on the 13th (hopefully...) I'm car shoppin right now. Tomorrow im gonna go meet a guy sellin a 1991 240sx hatch for like 1400. The cool thing is that he's lives in the same town and the town where i live is really small. So hopefully i get a car soon. By the way, thanx for the welcoming.

Comment

Welcome to the boards. Good luck w/ the 240sx buy

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

DV_

welcome,

make sure when u go to check out the car u bring atleast a jack, maybe a 23mm (i think) socket and a breaker bar to take off wheels if u want.

Feel inside the exhaust for oil, jack up the car and check out the frame. Look for dents and bent parts. take off the wheels if u want and check out the suspension, rotors/brakes and the steering braces. Ur in california so i doubt u'll have any rust to look for. For 1400 i doubt u'll get a perfect car but still a good buy. Check out all the fluids make sure nothing nasty is floating around inside. Normally the nissan motors are about half-lifed at 150k so u should be right around there. Also make sure u dont have the HICAS All Wheel Steering on that car. because I think in 90-91 it was a factory option that the buyer could get on the fastbacks. I've yet to see a 240 with the HICAS system in person, but i'm sure someone else on here has and can tell u exactley what it looks like. While ur talking to the guy have him start the car and let it run as ur going over it, listen for funny noises. Ask for maintence records too if he has them. Finally see if he has the Factory Service Manual, because mine didn't come with it and maybe u'll get lucky.
            Last edited by OH240SE; 07-08-2004, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Look under the car and engine bay for any wrinkles in the body or obvious welds. Check if the frame has any major damage. Check the all lights, just in case theres an electrical problem, thats the worst to handle. And listen to the advice posted above, has some good stuff in it.

Oh yea Howdy howdy!! Welcome to the board!

Comment

One, of the best things a person can do when looking at used car is to take a person along who knows about cars. If not, the previous post are good suggestions. Drive the car for about thirty mins or more if possble to see if the transmission is in decent condition and that the engines state does change overtime. Good luck..

Comment

Welcome

Yeah, make sure you don't look really excited, or he might think you mant it enough that you will still buy it if he raises the price.

Comment

Welcome!!!!

Comment

That 240sx hatch that i was talking about, i got it. We got the price down to 1,100 plus he's throwing in the service manual. But then i think that makes up for the bad things about it. The car a messed up front fender on the passenger side that he tried to hammer out. Also the other fender has minor damage. He said he changed the engine but i dont know what kind of engine it was. He said it was a low mileage one. I'm not worried about that though because he's a certified machanic. He works at home and i saw a lot of his stuff. He has turbos just lying on the floor along with custom parts he made. Other than that stuff its in decent shape.

Comment

Originally posted by DV_S13SIlvia
                        He has turbos just lying on the floor along with custom parts he made. Other than that stuff its in decent shape.
                        pics!? oh yea, and welcome

Comment

Originally posted by DV_S13SIlvia
                          That 240sx hatch that i was talking about, i got it. We got the price down to 1,100 plus he's throwing in the service manual. But then i think that makes up for the bad things about it. The car a messed up front fender on the passenger side that he tried to hammer out. Also the other fender has minor damage. He said he changed the engine but i dont know what kind of engine it was. He said it was a low mileage one. I'm not worried about that though because he's a certified machanic. He works at home and i saw a lot of his stuff. He has turbos just lying on the floor along with custom parts he made. Other than that stuff its in decent shape.
                          Thats awesome!! Never settle for the given price!

Comment

welcome...good job on the 240sx find...what you planning to do with the car now? any plans?

Comment

First thing i'm going to do is fix the fenders and make the car look as decent as possible. After that I plan on just mostly suspension until i learn to drift. I don't want to make the car any faster than it already is until i got the basics down. I have the idea i just need a lot of experience. Plus this car is going to be a daily driver as well. But anyway I'm still not really sure what i want to do with it yet...

Comment

Working...
                              X