No announcement yet.

Is the Miata a Good Drift Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i was thinkin about gettin a 92 miata. Arent the newer models all wheel drive?

Comment

Originally posted by darkboricua
      Yeah i was thinkin about gettin a 92 miata. Arent the newer models all wheel drive?
      Where did you get that? No miatas are AWD, or ever will be (hopefully)

I wish I had a miata...

Comment

yeah thats what i thought, someone told me their miata was all wheel drive and i didnt believe them

Comment

I want to get a 94 or a 95, but I could go with like a 92 and buy an LSD.(miatamania.com) From what I've heard they are very good drift cars.

Comment

Its a great car period. It can be a bit tougher to drift. It just takes a bit more driving to make in play nice in a non grip situation
            Its a solid car all around.
            check out roadsterdrift.com for more
            Surprised none of you suggested that site yet...
            There is alot of info and support there on the miata.
            Thats me V

-Jeff
            Last edited by Jeff Abbott; 04-29-2005, 10:44 AM.

Comment

ive heard that ever since mazda dropped the 1.8 in there the suspension hasnt been as exceptional

Comment

yeah

post pics of drift miatas... like japanese pics and your own pics... i wanna see some pics... i remember a long time ago someone posted a yellow miata with a drift kit and some square head light conversion... it was japanese and it was sweet...

Comment

Originally posted by GotNismo?
                  ive heard that ever since mazda dropped the 1.8 in there the suspension hasnt been as exceptional

You heard wrong

Comment

My Two Miatas:

Black Car Drifting (Formula D Car)

White Car Drifting (Street Car)

http://jonathanmartin.hopto.org/drift.htm

Comment

SWEET Pics!
                      Someday I will get pics up. I dont have any good ones of me. I, along with my fiance are pretty new to taking quality action pics
                      -Jeff
                      99 head on a GTX bottom saving for a 1.2L twin Screw

Comment

wow those are some nice pics i found a miata for cheap by my house and i have enough but everytime i call for the car the person never answers. I really want the car..ive been lookin around for others..i dont want to have to finance...newayz those pix have inspired me that i should get a miata

Comment

Originally posted by corollarollas
                          post pics of drift miatas... like japanese pics and your own pics... i wanna see some pics... i remember a long time ago someone posted a yellow miata with a drift kit and some square head light conversion... it was japanese and it was sweet...
                          My car:

My 2 fav. miata's from japan:

The white one is by far my fav. but i like how aggressive the silver one looks...

Comment

I love those 2 cars. I have their pics in my garage right now. They inspire me to get my engine back in the car. Hopefully I will this weekend
                            -Jeff

Comment

hey what kit is that on the white miata... i have a buddy who wants to get it if its offered here in the states...

links to sites would be good.

Comment

It looks looks like it may be some Jurbride products.
                                Check out adrenalineracing.com Eddie can get you anything you want. So can Rspeed.net.
                                No affiliation- They are just good guys at those places.
                                -Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X