AE86; How much do they cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoOneBetter
    Uhhh yea im not dumb i know wat JDM means. BUt wat im talking bout is like a real japaneese car.And there is no need for flamers here. all i asked was a simple question and if u wanna flame then go on ahead and be retarded.

As compared to fake Japanese cars?

I'm not flaming, just do not buy an AE86. Especially if you are new to drifting. If you have never drifted before, you WILL NOT get an AE86 sideways. I'll bet all three of my pink slips on it. And if you do, you'll throw it into a ditch, wall, fence, curb, small woodland creature etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an 8 6, but for a first car, or only car for that matter, it is not feasible. They are underpowered and not very forgiving. Look for a 240SX. Yea 3rd Gen 7's are nice, but they're money pits too. Definitley not recommended for a 1 car guy.

There are plenty or RWD imports out there, just keep looking. Also, whatever car you find, go to that specific forum, IE www.sr20forum.com , www.clubsi.com , www.club4ag.com , www.miata.net www.nasioc.com etc, etc, etc

They'll have much more information on the car than here.

Comment

I agree with the others. A Hachi-Roku is old, too old. You'll probably end up spending more money on fixing the car, than buying it. If you're first starting you should get a 240SX, or MK3 Supra. The RX-7's don't make good first drifting cars, Unless you have the Time and Money, and are willing to put alot of care into them..

Comment

Hey now my eight-six is only hitting his 19th birthday. It isnt that old, cant even go buy me alcohol yet.

Comment

thanks to everyone and im sorry i called u flammers. i guess i will check into 240sx. im not having any specific taste here. i just ove the rx-7's. and id love to have a 240 because i love that car just as well. but i dont know wat to put on or in it to make it subtle for drfiting. for startes i think i might get a cold air intake and some new exhuast. but wat else should i drop into it? a turbo? let me kno

Comment

Originally posted by NoOneBetter
            thanks to everyone and im sorry i called u flammers. i guess i will check into 240sx. im not having any specific taste here. i just ove the rx-7's. and id love to have a 240 because i love that car just as well. but i dont know wat to put on or in it to make it subtle for drfiting. for startes i think i might get a cold air intake and some new exhuast. but wat else should i drop into it? a turbo? let me kno
            No, no, no!!!!!!! Don't do any mods when you get it. If you can, go to a driving school. If you can't afford a driving school, look into your local Autocross club. This will help you more than a stupid intake.

Comment

o ok...but wat if i just teach myself?

Comment

If you are just starting out there is no way to just teach yourself. There is ALWAYS something to learn when you go to a driving school. I learned so much when I attended a local auto-x event. Even though I had been drag racing for years the guide who took me around the track taught me an incredible amount.

Comment

to everyone

why does everyone here think that a hachi roku is a bad first car i have been on other threads and evryone says no for them being a first car i know alot of friends that have em or had em as there first car why do you all hate em that much(i am in japan by the way)

Comment

Well your in Japan, thats a different story... 86s are common over there as civics are to here...The 86s in the US are virtually crap when sold. And to top that off, they're hideously over priced. It's not that it's a bad car, its just that its not worth buying it here in the US. Stupid Initial D influence...

Comment

This whole arguement doesn't make sense! How come in every drifting video, or magazine, they use a ae86?! Is it really that bad?! I mean I was thinking about the 180sx (no the 240 so stfu) and those are mad...

Comment

No one said even once that the 86 is a BAD drift car. We have stated that it isnt the best car for a beginner to get into.

Comment

Your right,
                          Sorry about that, mis worded my post.

But anyways, so if I have money to buy a decent one, and say put some stuff in the engine, it'd be coo?

Becuase I've been looking for 180's and 240's and those are like 9k, in crappy condition!

Comment

Dont put anything into the engine. Drifting is all about suspension. Yes power plays a part but not whan you first start out. I have hella more suspension parts than power adders on my eight-six. Also make a reliable and able to run the high rpm's. Where the hell do you live that a 240 is 9K? Everyone down here (west coast) is still 1k(real crappy)-4k for a good one. Look more before you just jump on the "I want and eight-six cause theyre cool" band wagon.

Comment

86's are still freakin awesome

how much do they run for ? ( i heard they were like really HIGH priced cause of Initial D)

Comment

Originally posted by heyPUnk017
                                86's are still freakin awesome

how much do they run for ? ( i heard they were like really HIGH priced cause of Initial D)
                                No, they're high priced, because it's faster than a Supra...

Comment

Working...
                                X