X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHILIPPINES, 1st DRIFTING Competition

FIRST DRIFTING COMPETITION IN THE PHILIPPINES
    By NANA NADAL

K-Lite1035 made history by staging COUNTERSTEER, the first ever Drifting Competition in the Philippines last January 28, Saturday, at the Expo Filipino Grounds, Clark Field, Pampanga.

Gio Rodriguez, a 14-year-old newbie in the motorsports circle romped off with the champion’s trophy, a set of 18-inch rims from Rota Wheels, a set of Prizm Halogen lights and a gift pack from K-Lite and Animax. Second placer was Audel Sison of Team Autocraft of Angeles City. Both drove an AE86.

All the participants had the spectators on their feet all day. Their impressive performance certainly made the job of judges, Lito Dulce, Mike Aguilar, and James Deakin difficult.

Due to the huge success of the event, Countersteer will have a repeat this April 29. Stay tuned to K-Lite 1035 for more details or log on to www.1035klite.fm

Countersteer, is organized by K-Lite 1035 and Burnt Rubber Productions and is sanctioned by the Automobile Association of the Philippines with the Clark Development Corporation, Animax, Rota Wheels, Holiday Inn Clark Philippines, Starbright Body Kits, Prizm Lighting System, and Glade Sport as its sponsors.

For more inquiries on upcoming events, you may get in touch with Nana Nadal at nnadal@vasia.com.

hey wheres charlie!

Comment

they stole my freaking name!!!

Comment

Only $500 pesos?

I wanna go back now.

Comment

You know Charlie? He's right there in the photo with 5 guys.

What do you mean $500 pesos? The drivers weren't charged any entry fees.

Comment

500 pesos = 10 dollars. but it looks like the prizes are worth more than that.

goin this summer w/ a stop over in japan. jdm madness. muhahaha

Comment

wtf a fourteen year old?!!?!? insane!

Comment

Let's go back this April Al!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dreamdrivedrift
                  wtf a fourteen year old?!!?!? insane!
                  gushi jr jr!

Comment

omg...I wish I was there!I started to driving when I was 7 back in philippines X_X well its good to see people all over the world know drifting.

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                      hey wheres charlie!

i think justdrift.com.ph? lol... let's all go back and check out drifting in philippines!

Comment

Originally posted by JA92S13
                        Let's go back this April Al!!!
                        WERD! Im actually going back this summer.

Comment

I want to go meet my future relatives.

Comment

Next event in the Philippines

You're all welcome to join/watch COUNTERSTEER TWO on April 29, 9 am to 5 pm at the Expo Filipino Grounds, Clark Field, Pampanga, Philippines.

I hope you can plan your trip around said date so you can be part of the event and maybe give us tips on how to run the competition or heck even do a demo.

See ya!

Comment

OhHH Man!!!!!
                              I'm going there this april but I'll miss the COMP.

(April 8 - 22nd).

If I change my flight dates can someone let me borrow their car for a demo? I'm not famous but i'm an okay driver ^_^

can somebody from the staff/family of the venue email me @ put3ska@gmail.com?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X