ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the Drifting Events in California??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the Drifting Events in California??

Aloha everyone! I'm trying to build a list of tracks where people hold Drifting Events in the state of California. I'm not so much interested in the Pro series events like D1 or FD, more interested in the grass roots style events that are more for fun and practice like Drift Day and such. Where they hold qualifying events would also be helpfull. The reason I'm doing this is I'm considering becoming involved with track events in California, possibly storing a car in California. Here's what I have so far:

Willow Springs - Rosamond, CA
    Irwindale - Irwindale, CA
    Infineon Raceway - Sonoma, CA

Are there any others? Appreciate the info!! Thanks!!
    Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 03-28-2006, 11:08 PM.

You can cross off Fontana and Qualcomm as of just recently no more events at either place. Pretty much for now only socal are rosamond or irwindale.

Comment

Ah man what a downer. Might have to reconsider this. Thanks for the info though. Appreciate it.

Comment

What happened with Fontana, I know what happened with DC in San Diego.

Comment

renovations at california speedway. The drag strip is getting moved to the N side of the complex, there is a gift shop and 'welcome center' going in where the drag strip was, and i think the lot that they use for D-day is actually being used for parking.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
            renovations at california speedway. The drag strip is getting moved to the N side of the complex, there is a gift shop and 'welcome center' going in where the drag strip was, and i think the lot that they use for D-day is actually being used for parking.
            Yeah they are repainting the lines and fixing up the place they dont want us out there destroying it

Comment

driftday.com | ddnorcal.com ?

Comment

ncda.net is supposed to have wed. night events at Altamont Motorsports Park in Tracy, CA

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                  The reason I'm doing this is I'm considering becoming involved with track events in California, possibly storing a car in California.
                  you can store your car at my house

Actually, i think there are more events
                  in socal compared to up north.

Comment

NCDA.net nightdrift battles are on the first and 3rd thursdays of the month. in nor cal.

Comment

About how many events would you guys say you have every month in Cali? Also, does anyone know where I can buy a cheap trailer? Dosnt have to be anything special, cheaper the better. Thanks!!!

FD3S_pilot, watch out man I might want to take you up on your offer!! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                        About how many events would you guys say you have every month in Cali? Also, does anyone know where I can buy a cheap trailer? Dosnt have to be anything special, cheaper the better. Thanks!!!

FD3S_pilot, watch out man I might want to take you up on your offer!! hahaha

there was like one every week but in 1 month we lost 2 locations.

now i haveto stop being a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and go to irwindale.

Comment

@justdrift.... we have 2-3x a month.

Comment

Awesome thanks for the info everyone. While it seems those two tracks have been lost I've seen alot of positive indications that the track scene in California is not going to slow down. I've also heard that a local Hawaii company might be holding events in Cali too, Race Factory (really good people). Well definately seems worthwhile to have a car up there. Right now I'm working out the funding issues. We'll see what happens!

Comment

...i know you're not the only one looking to bring the car out this way...i know several others in hawaii that are considering the same thing....race factory in CA? gotta talk to darrell....he never mentioned any of this to me...hmmm...

as far as a trailer, my first bet (altho i've never looked...) would be either
                              www.craigslist.com or
                              www.recycler.com

Comment

Working...
                              X