ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Movie: The Last Ride - Drifting GTO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Movie: The Last Ride - Drifting GTO?

Dont know if this has been posted yet, but I wanna hear your guys thoughts on that new movie "The Last Ride." From the few clips I saw it looks like a GTO drifting in some car chase scenes. Is Pontiac cashing in on the drifting scene already? You guys think we'll see some Viper commercials with drifting soon?

"The Last Ride" is that Autocannon movie isnt it? Wasnt the one with the GTO called something else?

Comment

"The last race" was the one by autocannon

"The last ride" Thats from pontiac

I'm planning on watching it. only because that due from the OC is so hot. J/K!!!

Comment

Originally posted by emission
        "The last race" was the one by autocannon

"The last ride" Thats from pontiac

I'm planning on watching it. only because that due from the OC is so hot. J/K!!!
        Oh....whoops.

Comment

Saw the preview, dont know what to think. I belive its like the nissan film "the run" Kind of like a showcase of the car.

Comment

Where did you guys see this? On TV?

-MR

Comment

Basically, after the success and acclaim for the BMW films, car companies have started to make mini (and in some cases full length) movies showcasing their new cars.

This is one such movie for the entire Pontiac line. The good guys and bad guys drive Pontiacs and slide around with explosions, while innocent people are shoved off the road in their unmarked fords and dodges.

The GTO is the main "star" of the "movie" (quotes are intentional) and in the end all the Pontiac GMs pat themselves on the back for "reinventing" the sport midsize sedan market.

Despite the sarcastic tone, I saw the behind the scenes, and some of the stunts are pretty impressive, so I suggest watching it on mute with a decent soundtrack.

JB

Comment

LOL that was a great review. I saw the trailer but I still have no idea what the story is about haha.

Comment

you mean there's a story? hehe. i'll try to catch it to see if it's any good.

Comment

think of it this way. in the trailer for FnF there was "drifting" in gone in 60 seconds there was "drifting". almost every car movie has "drifting" in it. It's what you get when you slide a powerful car around the corner! dont think too much of it.

Comment

Yup I requested off from work that day so I can tape it. Haha...yea kinda stupid but hell there seems like theres gonna be a whole lotta drifting in that movie.

I believe the story is something like..in the past dennis hopper, his wife, and friend were bank robbers. On one of their heists it all went wrong and his wife ended up getting killed and Dennis turned himself into the cops. He left his son in the care of the friend. And now Dennis is out of jail, his son is now a cop, and Dennis knows now that his friend was the one who originally set him and his wife up in the first place. So now he wants revenge....something like that. I dono try search for the site it has it on there.

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT
                        Yup I requested off from work that day so I can tape it. Haha...yea kinda stupid but hell there seems like theres gonna be a whole lotta drifting in that movie.

I believe the story is something like..in the past dennis hopper, his wife, and friend were bank robbers. On one of their heists it all went wrong and his wife ended up getting killed and Dennis turned himself into the cops. He left his son in the care of the friend. And now Dennis is out of jail, his son is now a cop, and Dennis knows now that his friend was the one who originally set him and his wife up in the first place. So now he wants revenge....something like that. I dono try search for the site it has it on there.
                        How does a GTO come into play? And drifting? My idea of revenge probably wouldn't involve drifting a GTO-story seems loose.

Comment

After checking out hte site it seems that Dennis Hopper has to get back his old GTO. I guess it has some type of evidence inside of it or something. At some point in the movie they steal a brand new GTO from a auto show. Theres gonna be a lot of car chases and what not so drifting is understandible in that situation.

Comment

Working...
                          X