X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post

florida has event ever couple of months
    atlanta has one every couple weeks
    dont know about further up north, but i know its a one or two a month deal.

I can only speak for atlanta but last year was the big year when it got kind of regular around here.

Comment

someone correct me if im wrong but if you live in socal during spring/summer/fall isnt it not when you can go drift but to which event that weekend within a 2-3 hour drive?

most the east coast to get that kind of seat timeyour driving 4-8 hours to go drift at places, then another 4-8 to go home and even then you cant drift every weekend even with that kind of effort because theres no where (legally) to go?

not that this is revolutionary and breaking news, just i dont know how you can compare socal to anywhere. hell there are states in this country that still have never seen drift evnets.

Comment

I'll speak for Ohio. Ohio has an amateur sanction at Kil-Kare Speedway in Xenia (which is southwest of Columbus). I've also heard that there's an organization putting together an event at Toledo Speedway.

Now, not that there isn't sport compact interest in Ohio (actually, thanks to Buscher Racing, we're considered the heart of DSM tuning) but the Northern portion of the state (where most of the asphalt tracks are located) is still mostly unoccupied by drifting sanctions and our road courses are surprisingly unwelcoming of drifters (both Mid-Ohio and Nelson's Ledges were recently repaved).

On top of all of that, we have this weird thing in Ohio called SNOW that interrupts the driving season from late October until late March if we're lucky. If we aren't, all racing's off from September 'til May. Also, we have another crazy thing called RUST that eats up our supply of 1980's cars and drives up used car costs. The ready supply of 240SX's and AE86 Corolla GT-S's that exists in California has been turned to brown, tetanus-causing ash up here.

So, it makes that whole "more track time" thing a little difficult. Lord knows I'm trying to link someone to someone to get something happening up here. We have some tracks and promoters who're interested but wary. Just have to get the lines of communication open.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon View Post
          On top of all of that, we have this weird thing in Ohio called SNOW that interrupts the driving season from late October until late March if we're lucky...
          SNOW... Perfect time to practice drifting... Something we don't get here in socal!
          Hubert Young
          KORE 8 Films

Comment

Working...
          X