Predictions - Fd Lb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions - Fd Lb

Continuing a tradition I started last year... (http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18818)

the drivers list is out (http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22752).... now, who do you think will do good?

things to remember:
    - Long Beach is a TOUGH course!
    - Rhys / Sam / Tyler M are in new cars, while Dai / JR / Tanner / Gushi are all in the cars they're familiar with.
    - There's more room, which will probably favor the longer, higher HP cars (last year, the top 4 cars were all longer-wheelbase cars!)
    - Some of the drivers have been doing demo's for Long Beach Grand Prix for 3 year now, so they have much more track time on the tighter course. That will probably play a big role in who does well (all 4 of the Semi Finalists last year had experience on the course)
    - Kazu Hayashida tore it up last year, and is driving for Signal this year
    - Drivers like Haraguchi / Ryuji Miki / McNamara / Sezaki have some amazing experience internationally, but none have seen the Long Beach course up until this event.

There's a whole lot of not-publically-released info which may affect some people's picks... but post up and let's see who you like for the top 3.

Darren McNamara for top 4 at long beach, he got top 8 in Irwindale first time there

Comment

Casper Canul FTMFW

Si Se Puede Wey!!!!

Comment

my prediction : Mitsuru absent

Comment

Tanner's the most consistent of the guys in return-rides, so he'd be a logical choice, but considering the testing miles that Sam has in the Charger I'd keep a wicked close eye on him.

Dai, Tanner, and Sam, with Forsberg, J.R, and Sumida as possible spoilers.

Biggest drop from last year? Millen. The Solstice doesn't seem to have the testing miles that the Charger has, nor does it seem to have the same level of development.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Ae86 Irl View Post
            Darren McNamara for top 4 at long beach, he got top 8 in Irwindale first time there
            I agree. He really impressed me back in December!

Haraguchi will be there, and he'll be breaking ground with a new trend. Can't spill much more than that right now

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
              Haraguchi will be there, and he'll be breaking ground with a new trend. Can't spill much more than that right now
              Haha he'll have an american style haircut.

Comment

If Long Beach requires nible car control thru a tight course then Darren has to be in with a shout. 2 years in a car he knows so well means that he can put the SR Corolla within 1mm of where it needs to be + he fears no wall!

C'mon Ireland ............... Darren for the podium!

Comment

i predict BH will wear a florescent orange shirt, not the florescent green shirt. Both will have his name on it to identify himself to his fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon View Post
                    Tanner's the most consistent of the guys in return-rides, so he'd be a logical choice, but considering the testing miles that Sam has in the Charger I'd keep a wicked close eye on him.

Dai, Tanner, and Sam, with Forsberg, J.R, and Sumida as possible spoilers.

Biggest drop from last year? Millen. The Solstice doesn't seem to have the testing miles that the Charger has, nor does it seem to have the same level of development.

Hmmmm

I was more impressed with the solstice at irwindale in December then the charger.

And Millen was testing that car at sonoma 06, and FD irwindale 06.

I remember seeing basic testing of the charger around august or september of 06... but it didnt nearly look as good as the solctice did during its testing stages.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
                      Haha he'll have an american style haircut.
                      I cant wait too see that... his haircut is already kinda American. Emo looking bangs and ish... but thats popular in japan

My top 6 placers in no particular order:

Dai
                      Tanner
                      Rhys
                      D mac
                      JR
                      Kenji

Top 32 surprises:

Dan Pina
                      John (AEAP1)
                      Tommy Suell (if he gets his car finished)

and just maybe....maybe.... the Hulkster....'s son

Comment

i gotta pull for the hometown favorite. ryan tuerck reppin derry, nh

Comment

Originally posted by drftrconspracy View Post
                          i gotta pull for the hometown favorite. ryan tuerck reppin derry, nh

HAMPSHAAAAA!!!

Comment

Tony Angelo is looking very very good in his "New Car", I wouldn't count him out.
                            Forsberg has FINALLY dialed in his 350Z!
                            Vaughn is gonna kick some serious butt!
                            Young Gun Hampshaa is gonna make it to top 8!
                            Kenji is on Fire!
                            Hampton has a few surprises up his suit!

The Boys are Back in Town!
                            Last edited by DA News; 03-30-2007, 05:53 AM.

Comment

It will be revealed that Steph and Tanner spent the off season together in the mountains and "things have changed" between them...

Tyler will take one good look at his JIC Porsche and come to the realization that its just too beautiful a car to risk smashing against the Long Beach walls. Moments before the competition begins He and the car will have Vanished ..leaving behind only a note that says "gone to Mexico.."

Sam will be ready for battle after spending the whole off season practicing his "Shoryuken" (dragon punch). Little does he know that Rhys has prefected his Ha-do-ken (wave punch fireball).

At the last moments Chris Forsberg and Tony Angelo will decide to leave their cars at home and drift their motorcycles instead. Any officials who try to stop them will mysteriously dissapear...

Dai will combine drifting with his newfound passion...blindfolded ninja star throwing...many photographers will be hurt..

The world will learn that Lance K.'s moustache is in fact the love child of Alex P.'s pet monkey and Andy Yen's mowhawk.

As far as the victor? Taka Aono for the win..

Comment

Working...
                              X