DRIFT BAN HEARING (Update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teamINERTIA View Post
    One last thing before we announce something.. If you lived on 57 acres of land, wouldnt you try to build your house as far from the race track as possible? 120 feet from the track wouldn’t be my first option. Right?? Because of this one neighbor, we’ve lost our right and I’m saddened by someone who owns and is also a motoX head has the nerve to do such a thing to another form of motorcross.

This dude likes motoX

Maybe we should get Rhys JR or mabey Hampshaa to help out. Seeing they all have motorcross backgrounds.

Does anyone have a good earth picture of the tracking showing the surroundings, I want to see how far away the track is from residential spots.

Comment

Comment

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/comment...way-255185.php

Comment

The couple's name's are Mark and Karen Rivard

The website the are affiliated with is called " community for a better altamont

Here is the link

http://www.betteraltamont.org/
          Last edited by teamINERTIA; 04-25-2007, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by teamINERTIA View Post
            The couple's name's are Mark and Karen Rivard

The website the are affiliated with is called " community for a better altamont

Here is the link

http://www.betteraltamont.org/

WOW! Usually I am joshin' when I say this, but this time I am for real. Those 2 are the President and First Lady of the hater committee! I am so sorry for you guys. This really sucks and I am at a loss for words right now.

Comment

From what i understand, Driftbattle is preparing a plan to submit to the governator, If the governer will look at the proposal and if we can sway him even a little towards our cause he can step in and grant altamont whatever they need regardless of the counties ruling.

Being that arnold ( our governer ) is a motorcycle enthusiast and has been in a billion action movies around thousands of stunt driver, he may understand where we are coming from.

Comment

and now, it's on Autoblog, i emailed media yesterday.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/25/g...pocrisy-ensue/

Comment

Just to let everyone know. We are far from stopping this whole issue. We are going to do as much to bring it back.

How can you help me now?

When making phone calls or emails, please be polite.

Send email, call or fax a letter to the following people. Let them know and be heard that you support DRIFTING in Alameda County. Simple 1 minute phone call will help or letter will help keep drifting alive in Northern California.

1. Scott Haggerty - President of Alameda County

Phone: (510) 272-6691 –Leave a message if no one answers
                  Send him email here
                  http://www.acgov.org/jsp_app/feedbac...k.jsp?id=BOSd1

2. Write a letter to Alameda County or call each person
                  The Board of Supervisor’s mailing address:
                  County of Alameda - Administration Building
                  1221 Oak Street, Suite 536, Oakland, CA 94612

Names of the Current Alameda County Board of Supervisors:

District 1: Scott Haggerty - President
                  District 2: Gail Steele
                  District 3: Alice Lai-Bitker - Vice President
                  District 4: Nate Miley
                  District 5: Keith Carson

Phone Numbers:

District 1: (510) 272-6691
                  District 2: (510) 272-6692
                  District 3: (510) 272-6693
                  District 4: (510) 272-6694
                  District 5: (510) 272-6695
                  www.acgov.org

3. Call the Alameda County Planning Dept.

Darryl Gray Assistant Planning Director
                  Chris Baza Planning Director
                  James Sorenson Agency Director
                  Call them at: (510) 670-5400 and fax (510) 785-8793.

All we ask from you is a simple phone call, email or letter.

We appreciate all your help.

More info at our website. www.driftbattle.org
                  Last edited by ; 04-25-2007, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Ray - Thanks for forwarding that letter to autoblog.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Sorry I haven't really been active or up-to-date on all this Altamont stuff. But for any of you calling or writing a letter, which I am going to as well, please feel free to refer them to the City of Long Beach. This City is completely supportive of drifting and the new blood, new life it brings to the LBGP and to the City. Everyone from the Mayor to city councilmembers to the Convention & Vistors Bureau to the local business associations to local newspapers are all super supportive. Have those guys call our guys.

BTW... am I too late on this?

Comment

Drifting threatens the poor owls?

OMG these people are so prejudice toward people not living in their town.
                        http://www.betteraltamont.org/pictures.html
                        Last edited by my 1 88 u; 04-25-2007, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Ok.

You need to delete those phone numbers for Almeda County and Planning dept, and post the phone number to the GM of your track and the owner who

1) Do NOT currently have permits for ANY type of racing on that venue, however are [b]allowed by Almeda County to keep the doors open[/]

2) Held an auto-x with ''style points'' during the drift ban, which "some drifters were a part of, and drifting took place"

autocross does not have style points, that does NOT help your cause, and anyone involved with that should know better.

3) People hitting mailboxes, doing burnouts, hauling *Censored**Censored**Censored* on the road near the track need to be taken care of. Hire some officers like tracy said, tell them any modded car or RWD car they see doing anything illegal, write them up for anything and everything.

I called, dont know why, probably beacuse im worried about this happening more across the country, but basically ended up an hour long conversation about how the track has been fornicating the County Board of Supervisors, pissing off the neighbors with more and more track use than told, and not having any permits but since the BOS really does like racing for some reason they keep trying to help.

The drifters are the only ones who can be blamed for burnouts , taking out mailboxes, etc, therefore drifters WILL take the blame based on the fact they are the easiest to blame.

Thats the short story of what I got, which is too much to tell because I need to go work on my car.
                          Last edited by Mike Peters; 04-25-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of small-town yuppie legislation. We short trackers have been dealing with this nonsense for years now, where a small group of yuppies who move out of the city "To get away from it all" want to preserve their own quaint view of what the sticks is like.

And in order to do that, they'll tear through whatever happens to be there ahead of them. This has lead to heavy fines for racing promoters who exceed newly imposed decibel limits, event CURFEWS, and regular sobriety checkpoints set up right outside the parking lot gate. It's shut down more than its fair share of racetracks, and it pisses off all of us because most of these speedways have been around for DECADES.

Comment

Actually Atlamont BOS allows them to do most that stuff, HOWEVER the track hasnt renewed any of their permits, and has had since november to turn in things.

They Did turn in some of it Mid-March though.

I think the best remedy to this situation would be Mr. Lagura deleting all the phone numbers he posted before those guys get pissed because of all the phone calls, because like I had figured before I called, theres no reason it should be posted anywhere, and they aren't the people making the calls.

Tell your idiots hitting mail boxes to stop street drifting, and the entire community who hates the whole entire concept of Altamont Raceway wont have the drifting community as an easy source to place their displeasure.

Lack of responsiblity policing your own events outside the event seems to be the biggest problem up there for you guys.

Sure you can say you cant control it, but you can always hire a couple officers to do that for you.

The GM of the track didn't help the cause by holding an auto-x with style points during the temprorary drifting ban before the hearing. Which should also be noted.

On a side note, I dont think theres a damn thing wrong with sobriety checkpoints, if youd drinking and driving I hope you slam into a telephone pole drivers side 1st at 80 mph and survive after a month of ICU and a couple lost limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
                                Actually Atlamont BOS allows them to do most that stuff, HOWEVER the track hasnt renewed any of their permits, and has had since november to turn in things.

They Did turn in some of it Mid-March though.

I think the best remedy to this situation would be Mr. Lagura deleting all the phone numbers he posted before those guys get pissed because of all the phone calls, because like I had figured before I called, theres no reason it should be posted anywhere, and they aren't the people making the calls.

Tell your idiots hitting mail boxes to stop street drifting, and the entire community who hates the whole entire concept of Altamont Raceway wont have the drifting community as an easy source to place their displeasure.

Lack of responsiblity policing your own events outside the event seems to be the biggest problem up there for you guys.

Sure you can say you cant control it, but you can always hire a couple officers to do that for you.

The GM of the track didn't help the cause by holding an auto-x with style points during the temprorary drifting ban before the hearing. Which should also be noted.

On a side note, I dont think theres a damn thing wrong with sobriety checkpoints, if youd drinking and driving I hope you slam into a telephone pole drivers side 1st at 80 mph and survive after a month of ICU and a couple lost limbs.
                                WOW Mike you definently do sound like a " good ol, boy"

Comment

Working...
                                X