No announcement yet.

Team RETAKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, I'm not telling you all to become choir boys or anything, or even to drop the rock & roll (though I'm more of a Rush fan myself - Snakes & Arrows tour FTW). I just think it's important to be mindful of the little things that can blow up into big things, mind your p's and q's, and put your best foot forward.

And, as an Ohioan, how is a Northern Californian speedway my problem save for that I can see the broad ranging political implications for it?

Comment

Originally posted by RAM GARAGE View Post
      Well lol RETAKS is one of our main sponsors yet they are the ones that made the vid and choose the music so i dont see what the problem is yet why there is a problem

RETAKS is showing a LifeStyle , if you skate , bmx , snowboard, wakeboard , you would understand our lifestyle . and how we grew up. and we sure did not grow up goodie 2 shoes ,
      look at all the sports you have listed as well, skateboarding for example started out as a very hated sport by many 'adults' but look where it is today. There was also snowboarding which was just plain hated by skiiers and banned left and right at resorts in the 70s-80s. Hell even rock & roll itself was not liked in the early stages. I think its really the rebeliious sort of way of these sports (and genre of music) that made it so popular and pushed them to where they are today, the same will most likely happen to drifting although things dont seem so rough at the moment (excluding alemeda) and there are plenty of legal events but there were times where there was nothing in the us but now look where its gotten.
      Last edited by gigglesnirt; 05-02-2007, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
        Hey, drift alliance put out a successful DVD of them basically drifting, drinking, and running around in there tighty whities... and it was good. It didnt really take anything away from there careers later. Drifting isn't really marketed to good ol boy, don't curse in front of your parent types. With that being said, me the potential consumer of any product that a potential sponsor would market by sponsoring them, I have no problem with the F bomb. Even though I didnt hear it (just goes to show how much disregard i have for it) I would probably still buy the product they are trying to sell.

But yea "this isn't punk rock fellas" etc etc etc... thats kind of a bad attitude. Considering most people that drifting is marketed to probably like punk rock or hip hop considering there age. Even though I wouldn't deliberately put music with profanity into my promo vid, I don't think the music genera choice was a bad idea at all. Micheal Schumacher never sold me Marlboro Reds, but I can honestly say Daijiro sold me Rockstar Energy drinks....feel me? Hahaha , I think its funny because I feel someday there going to find out energy drinks are bad for you and slap a surgeon general warning on those also.

THIS IS A ROCK N ROLL TAKEOVER!

Comment

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3qaTGiYkECQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3qaTGiYkECQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

MAx Rides for retaks also !!

Comment

drifting is hated more than nascar. go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
              Hey, drift alliance put out a successful DVD of them basically drifting, drinking, and running around in there tighty whities... and it was good. It didnt really take anything away from there careers later. Drifting isn't really marketed to good ol boy, don't curse in front of your parent types. With that being said, me the potential consumer of any product that a potential sponsor would market by sponsoring them, I have no problem with the F bomb. Even though I didnt hear it (just goes to show how much disregard i have for it) I would probably still buy the product they are trying to sell.

But yea "this isn't punk rock fellas" etc etc etc... thats kind of a bad attitude. Considering most people that drifting is marketed to probably like punk rock or hip hop considering there age. Even though I wouldn't deliberately put music with profanity into my promo vid, I don't think the music genera choice was a bad idea at all. Micheal Schumacher never sold me Marlboro Reds, but I can honestly say Daijiro sold me Rockstar Energy drinks....feel me? Hahaha , I think its funny because I feel someday there going to find out energy drinks are bad for you and slap a surgeon general warning on those also.

lol!! man! i cant wait till they do put surgeon general warnings on energy drinks!! cause i already smoke, and i drink rock stars on a regular basis....itll be fun when i have people tellin me that theres another thing that i shouldnt consuming and that ill die bacause of it.....

Comment

using "SKATER" backwards as a drift team name is lame, and easily deciphered, try again

Comment

I duuno I like retaks as a name and as a driftteam fu*k it don't let no one tell you to change the way you are, i'm sure alot of the people telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing as a team have far less then what you have so your obviously doing something thats working.

Long live RETAKS and everyother person that isn't afraid to be themselves F.T.W!!!!

P.s. Retaks is also ALOT better then all these kids trying to make (forgive me for saying it ) JDM drift team names

Comment

Originally posted by s15driftking View Post
                    using "SKATER" backwards as a drift team name is lame, and easily deciphered, try again
                    Sorry but retaks was around before the drift team was started , and RETAKS is a COMPANY .and they are one of our main sponsors . thats why we have a team retaks not cause we wanted to just make a team . Retaks made the team so we became the team

by the way

Andy made top 8 at D1

go Retaks !!
                    Last edited by RAM GARAGE; 05-06-2007, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by s15driftking View Post
                      maybe they should of named it something kool.......... like team s15driftking. go back to playing PS3 drift games while other people actually drive for real.

Comment

Originally posted by RAM GARAGE;201477
                        Andy made top 8 at D1

[IMG
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/okistyle48/IMG_1268.jpg[/IMG]

go Retaks !!
                        AWESOME!!! Congrats!

Who'd he beat?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                          AWESOME!!! Congrats!

Who'd he beat?
                          Tanaka

then lost to ueno,

Comment

Originally posted by RAM GARAGE View Post
                            Tanaka

then lost to ueno,
                            i think it was a by, cause tanaka's car wasnt working and he didnt drift the course...

either way, congrats dude! it was hilarious watching you guys find tires and folding chairs ot ollie and stall on... till someone broke the board!

Comment

Yea, tanaka had a 6/4 advantage on me on the first run. When I looked back and saw him just driving back there I went nuts! I still can't belive it. After the 2 runs with Ueno he had a 7/3 advantage on me, damn!

And it was ross who broke the board! that fatass!

Tanaka and I had the long hair battle! haha!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by craziazzmofo66 View Post
                                lol!! man! i cant wait till they do put surgeon general warnings on energy drinks!! cause i already smoke, and i drink rock stars on a regular basis....itll be fun when i have people tellin me that theres another thing that i shouldnt consuming and that ill die bacause of it.....
                                They already took Cocaine off the market because the FDA said it promoted illecit drug use.

Octagon, who the hell cares. The sport is about rock and roll. Everything about it screams FU. That is what sells the sport. If sponsors come into the sport then they need to know up front what they are getting into. Drifting is doing nothing but accelerating as a motorsport. I hardly think that a little song with the F word in it is going to scare a potential sponsor away. If it does, then oh well.

As for Altamont. I agree with Toycoma. Your problem, not ours. Because some *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored* city council has decided to ban motorsports events in one county in the United States, tough. After they see the revenue that they are losing because of this idiotic behavior or when someone else gets voted in, you will see a change. Blaming your woes on Rock music is hardly going to change the minds of the establishment in Alamont. Sad to see you guys going through that but makes no difference to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X