No announcement yet.

Rhys Millen to Backflip Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imm glad hes okay, but i feel sorry for him going to have to miss out on that stunt.

Comment

Rhys, wish you the best of luck with a fast recovery. We all know you pulled it off. get well soon.

Comment

Rhys is pulling out....?

Hell no

Do it rhys, go down in history man!

You come from a motorcross background, you got a injury.... dig deep say eff it and do it for all the marbles. Leave it all on the track buddy!!

Comment

From http://www.redbullusa.com/
          Rhys Millen was involved in an accident while preparing to be the first person to backflip an off-road racing truck at the Red Bull Experiment in Las Vegas on Monday, December 31.
          We have been informed by Rhys Millen Racing's management team that Rhys has incurred non-life threatening injuries and is currently being medically treated at a local hospital.
          Red Bull has a strong history working with athletes who push the limits and always employs safety as its first and primary concern. However, this is an unfortunate accident, and we wish Rhys a quick and healthy recovery.
          Additional information will be disclosed when it becomes available.
          RHYS MlLLEN QUOTE:
          “After successfully landing the 360-degree backflip three times into the cardboard boxes in training, I am disappointed that our last jump ended in an accident. As I lay here in the hospital with three broken vertebrae in my neck and two compressed and broken vertebrae in my back, I am also disappointed that we cannot perform the 360-degree backflip at the Red Bull Experiment on New Year's Eve, but I'm happy that I will be able to walk again. I look forward to watching Robbie Maddison do his 300-plus-foot motorcycle jump in Las Vegas.”
          Get well soon Rhys..

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
            Rhys is pulling out....?

Hell no

Do it rhys, go down in history man!

You come from a motorcross background, you got a injury.... dig deep say eff it and do it for all the marbles. Leave it all on the track buddy!!
            I was thinking the same, but then i realized moto-x bikes are disposable, and I doubt Rhys has a backup truck, and since he had to get cut out of his truck, i doubt it will be up to the challenge otherwise id be with you and know rhys probably would be too.

get well buddy.

Comment

Thanks for all the follow-up information!

Comment

get well soon

Comment

Wow, there are risks in any motorsport and that's what each driver faces everytime he/she straps in. Get well soon, Rhys!

Comment

someone at least show the video!

the only thing better doing fantastic at a motorsport is to completly batch it and get a great crash video!!!!

Comment

Knowing quite a few drivers who've been critically injured in wrecks, I'm glad Rhys is seeing some sense and aborting this sort of idiocy.

The man's got a career in motorsport, and a great sidejob in Hollywood, that's nothing to throw away on a publicity stunt.

Best knowledge of all is that he'll be up and walking. I'm sure we all can agree that we don't want Rhy's to be drifting's own Brad Doty.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon View Post
                        Knowing quite a few drivers who've been critically injured in wrecks, I'm glad Rhys is seeing some sense and aborting this sort of idiocy.

The man's got a career in motorsport, and a great sidejob in Hollywood, that's nothing to throw away on a publicity stunt.

Best knowledge of all is that he'll be up and walking. I'm sure we all can agree that we don't want Rhy's to be drifting's own Brad Doty.

Not to go OT but its been a while dude!

I see you're still back to referencing people that no one here would ever know about!

All in all risk or not I think Rhys really did want to do this...despite how dumb some of us may have thought it was.

Risks aside it was a chance to litterally make history. I'm sure he'll find another way to do that though.

Get well soon Rhys! If need be I'll drive the "kah" for ya at Long Beach

Comment

Working...
                        X