No announcement yet.

ROSS PETTY V8 S15 Silvia for 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should start having power limits in Fd. I think we would really see who the best drivers are with underpowered machines. If its all going to be v8 they should all just go automatic trans similar to a drag racer. Im sure it would be more than possibly with all that power. Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Linguo415 View Post
      They should start having power limits in Fd. I think we would really see who the best drivers are with underpowered machines. If its all going to be v8 they should all just go automatic trans similar to a drag racer. Im sure it would be more than possibly with all that power. Why not?
      I've actually considered a V8 with a Powerglide transmission and "clutch" pedal, basically an oval short track set up. Hell, there were teams in Can-Am that raced big block Chevrolet V8s and two or three speed automatics.

Comment

Originally posted by Linguo415 View Post
        No they should have better judging to apply old school scoring handicaps.
        Last edited by my 1 88 u; 01-31-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Classes Classes Classes Classes Classes

Comment

Fd killed drifting!

:d

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
              Classes Classes Classes Classes Classes
              I wouldn't be suprised to see it end up this way, like most major motorsports....

Comment

Originally posted by killer406 View Post
                I wouldn't be suprised to see it end up this way, like most major motorsports....
                Well that's what needs to happen if you judge in such a manner that the vehicles with the most grip and most power have the constant advantage.

Comment

i agree with blaze.

4 banger/ Rotary class.

Inline 6/ V8 class.

that way you get all the huge HP 2J's and RB builds with the V8's and you get the Lower Hp/Tq numbers in the 4 cyl, rotary class.

Comment

My idea is a bit more chassis based then motor

Skinny Class (cars with very narrow width)
                    Miatas
                    AE86
                    Maybe 4 Cylinder TC
                    VW beetle
                    NO Modified pickup points

Turbo Class (Any stock turbocharge 4/6 cylinder Chassis)
                    240sx
                    RX7
                    350Z
                    4 cylinder Kappa
                    BMW Z
                    Modified pickup points

Domestic Muscle (basically any stock V8 Chassis)
                    Mustang
                    Corvette
                    Camaro
                    Charger
                    Viper
                    LS400
                    M3 (E90/92/93)
                    NO Modified pickup points

Unlimited Class ("steroid" cars)
                    V8 Scion
                    V8 S chassis
                    V8 Kappa
                    Modified pickup points/trans tunnels/firewall etc
                    Maybe some purpose built ish...

I would change up qualifying to make it a bit more entertaining. I would bracket tandem by class, but once you win your class you get a chance to battle the top competitors in the other class. This way we get to see the best David vs the best Goliath instead of good David getting whooped by the weakest Goliath just because of the bracket.

There will still be overall winners of the weekend, but also class winners... so drivers still have something respectable to show their sponsors. It will also force bigger teams to have more variety in their lineup. You could also get individual sponsors to sponsor a class (I.E. Castrol Edge Turbo Class). I say more options and less restrictions, other then safety specs I'm not going tell a participant how to build their car.

THIS IS DRIFTING! lol, PM me for my paypal account if you want to do this FD

Copywritten lol

Comment

@ Blaze1, Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by sytfu View Post
                        i agree with blaze.

4 banger/ Rotary class.

Inline 6/ V8 class.

that way you get all the huge HP 2J's and RB builds with the V8's and you get the Lower Hp/Tq numbers in the 4 cyl, rotary class.
                        i think this is pretty effective, pairing relatively similar powerbands together and letting there be a large variety in chassis and motor setup like there is now.
                        i mean really it comes down to:
                        having torque everywhere
                        not having torque everywhere
                        lol rotary/4cyl could be like the lites class

Comment

Originally posted by mannynj View Post
                          @ Blaze1, Amen!
                          X2 ...... lol

Well said Blaze. Well said! lol

But ... I do like the fact that we have so many diffrent chassis running together...
                          Last edited by Jonny Fonseca; 02-01-2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
                            But ... I do like the fact that we have so many diffrent chassis running together...
                            Same here and the way I would bracket it there will still be inter-class(?) action...but the proof is in the pudding. Lets look at the AE86 for a quick second. When was the last time you've seen Taka or Russakoff win a tandem battle? Taka earns a number one qualifier from time to time so we know hes a good driver, but lets face a corolla cant move, mimic, and shadow the qualifying line of a torqued up longer wheel based chassis.

Yeah you can say Yoshioka won a event, and so did Dmac his first year in the states with a corolla. But when Yoshioka won it was the first time FD had ever been to LVMS (Yoshioka had won at the venue before), and Dmac's corolla was running a SR20 along with a 240sx suspension (wouldn't pass today's tech). Yeah corollas are old but wouldn't you want to drive a NC miata without shoving a V8 in it? Or maybe a hayabusa powered smart car? Or even a LS400 (they're getting cheap) with a 2JZ with a supra type suspension?

When you tell competitors you must copy everything your opponent is doing as long as there sideways sooner or later everyone will be driving the same exact machine. Soon after that everyone will be using the same data and hardware. And eventually the same 3 builders will be manufacturing cars for all 50 teams but keeping little bits of valuable data to them selves so they will win the majority of the time. Can anyone say Grand Am?

But hey this is Formula Drift we are talking about.
                            Last edited by Bebop; 02-01-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

this car is gonna be nuts.

Comment

at this very moment the motors being put together, chassis harness being done and the car is just about ready for paint.

prepped the new aero for it and thats ready for paint as well.

new wheels coming in sometime soon too.

JDM style car with an american heart.

Last edited by CelicaDRIFTER; 03-03-2011, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X