Dado Carvalho vs. D. Bagley
    A. Pfeiffer vs. M. Swartz
    J. Martin vs. Sammy “Tiger Racing”
    F. Wang vs. Y. Shuyama
    C. Kregorian vs. R. Ewerth

Forrest #1 in the world

Da Kine

Comment

Did anyone cover this event? I want to see some of them pics!!!

Forrest's S14... hottest around town for sure! Glad he shipped that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to the mainland to rip it up!

Comment

Someones opinion of one thing out at NOPI.

http://www.nopiforums.com/index.php?...04&#entry11404

It was all very apparent. Hubert Young got robbed out of third place. Along with some other things that seemed a bit off. Anyways I'm not trying to flame too much or anything, just some advice. And being that it was the first event it will probably get better.
        Actually since Hubert was up against Kenji, he was up for 1st or 2nd.

Comment

Some pics..

http://www.wickedmag.com/gallery/mai...g2_itemId=4313

Comment

great event! Lots of fun... just wish it wasn't as hot.

I know desertimports.com / modified.com / urbanracer.com / everythingdrift.com will all have pics in the coming days... be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
              Someones opinion of one thing out at NOPI.

http://www.nopiforums.com/index.php?...04&#entry11404
              I completely disagree with the safety comment. I don't think anyone that drove the course felt it was unsafe. Quite the opposite really.

I want to thank everyone that worked the event especially the corner workers and the starting line guy for standing out in the heat all day and the announcers and judges for doing the tough job.

Comment

I enjoyed the course as well.

In my opinion I thought the event ran very smoothly especially for the inaugural event. Very minor issues that could be easily fixed for the next event. Great job guys.

Comment

Photos are up on modified... But the photos are of the same cars

Comment

Frankie,

Put a link up man...

For the non computer illegimate.

http://www.modified.com/events/artic...i-phoenix.html

Comment

Originally posted by BenR View Post
                      I completely disagree with the safety comment. I don't think anyone that drove the course felt it was unsafe. Quite the opposite really.

I want to thank everyone that worked the event especially the corner workers and the starting line guy for standing out in the heat all day and the announcers and judges for doing the tough job.

even with cars running with no rear brake calipers? how did this car pass tech? air brakes?

Comment

how can you tell from that pic.. I wouldn't see any car going far in comp with no rear brakes

but on the other end

seeing that Wang showed up and hung with top FD driver like Kregorian, Young, Kenji, and FD judge Pfeiffer isn't it fair that he awarded a FD licence?

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                          how can you tell from that pic.. I wouldn't see any car going far in comp with no rear brakes

but on the other end

seeing that Wang showed up and hung with top FD driver like Kregorian, Young, Kenji, and FD judge Pfeiffer isn't it fair that he awarded a FD licence?
                          yes he deserve fd licence hi is good driver
                          (626) 786-7444
                          (818) 897-7445

Ask for CHRIS

MILANO MOTORSPORTS-Front-Clips
                          -Engine SWAPS/Installation
                          -Used Parts - all that and a bag of chips
                          -350Z used parts

www.Turboneticsinc.com
                          www.cxracing.com
                          www.kaazusa.com
                          www.coopertires.com
                          www.specclutch.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vosko View Post

even with cars running with no rear brake calipers? how did this car pass tech? air brakes?
                            who needs brakes?

Comment

Event was fun. I think the last run with Kenji and Forrest was more of a fun run. The driver's weren't complaining. Kenji and Forrest were all smiles and they were having a blast.

The whole thing with Hubert, I just want to clarify what happened (since I was AT the starting line with Kenji and Hubert) but the starter pointed at Hubert and Hubert said okay and sent Hubert out. Without asking Kenji, the starter told Kenji to go but he wasn't ready. I think it was the starter's inexperience that snagged him. I want the hole Milano crew and Hubert to know that it wasn't a trick or anything that we were trying to pull.

However, I understand how Hubert felt, so I don't blame him on his reaction. The starter and the officials made it clear that it was their fault. I know they need to still streamline everything and this is their FIRST events. Things like that are bound to happen. Growing pains of drifting.

I can still remember the first season of Driftshowoff and Formula D, there were still kinks that needed to be ironed out. The second Nopi Drift should be more smooth.

It was great seeing familiar faces and meeting new people (suprised that Tracy from Batlground remembered me! haha) and meeting Dado and his knarly E36. Hopefully we'll see you guys at other Nopi Drift events but our schedule is packed with Formula D, Time Attacks, and D1 so we'll see. Thank you all!

Comment

Working...
                              X