• Team RETAKS

OUR new team for 2007 Team RETAKS

Formula D Series:
    Tommy Suell
    Steven Sueppel

D1 Grand Prix Series:
    Andy Hateley

http://retaks.com/Retaks_Drift_Team_2007.htm

I understand it's probably a song you like, and that it's intended to make your site and film more edgy and hip, but for advertising's sake (especially when presenting this in front of potential mainstream fans and sponsors) you may want to consider a song that doesn't drop the f-bomb.

Comment

best promo vid i seen all year!!!

Tommy was running smooth at LB

btw... i didnt even hear any F bombs

Comment

Lol thats kool i did not make the vid nor picked the song but its what we do ,

how many skate vids have you seen that dont drop f-bombs lol i never noticed it till you brought it up though . ill let them know.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon View Post
          I understand it's probably a song you like, and that it's intended to make your site and film more edgy and hip, but for advertising's sake (especially when presenting this in front of potential mainstream fans and sponsors) you may want to consider a song that doesn't drop the f-bomb.
          Are you kidding....

keep god out of my motorsport

Comment

awesome, keep that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* rock and roll. screw the mainstream. don't change your style to fit to mainstream. keep it the way it is and make mainstream conform to drifting.

Comment

is that hachi rhd? I guess I'll see you guys here in ATL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toycoma View Post
                awesome, keep that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* rock and roll. screw the mainstream. don't change your style to fit to mainstream. keep it the way it is and make mainstream conform to drifting.
                thesaurus? just messin with ya tho

Comment

Sprinter, Toycoma, it's that sort of attitude that has drifting under attack at Altamont, and prevents it from becoming an institution at speedways and road courses across America.

It has nothing to do with "God" (by the way, I'm an agnostic, smartass) and everything to do with asking that participants on the professional level of our sport behave and present themselves professionally. This isn't punk rock, fellas, and giving "the man" the finger doesn't earn you any brownie points. It just means "the man" talks to the other "the mans" and they all decide to give you no sponsorship money.

Comment

dweedledweedledee

Love you guys. See ya next week.

Ready for a fight?
                    Last edited by BenR; 05-01-2007, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Sprinter, Toycoma, it's that sort of attitude that has drifting under attack at Altamont, and prevents it from becoming an institution at speedways and road courses across America.

It has nothing to do with "God" (by the way, I'm an agnostic, smartass) and everything to do with asking that participants on the professional level of our sport behave and present themselves professionally. This isn't punk rock, fellas, and giving "the man" the finger doesn't earn you any brownie points. It just means "the man" talks to the other "the mans" and they all decide to give you no sponsorship money.

Hey, drift alliance put out a successful DVD of them basically drifting, drinking, and running around in there tighty whities... and it was good. It didnt really take anything away from there careers later. Drifting isn't really marketed to good ol boy, don't curse in front of your parent types. With that being said, me the potential consumer of any product that a potential sponsor would market by sponsoring them, I have no problem with the F bomb. Even though I didnt hear it (just goes to show how much disregard i have for it) I would probably still buy the product they are trying to sell.

But yea "this isn't punk rock fellas" etc etc etc... thats kind of a bad attitude. Considering most people that drifting is marketed to probably like punk rock or hip hop considering there age. Even though I wouldn't deliberately put music with profanity into my promo vid, I don't think the music genera choice was a bad idea at all. Micheal Schumacher never sold me Marlboro Reds, but I can honestly say Daijiro sold me Rockstar Energy drinks....feel me? Hahaha , I think its funny because I feel someday there going to find out energy drinks are bad for you and slap a surgeon general warning on those also.

Comment

no one should have to watch their image or change to try and get sponsors. some sponsors pick up drivers because of their skills and skills alone. while others like the over all look and attitude of the team regardless how good they are overall. Yes, it isn't wise to send proposals out with videos of you drifting that has music in it with f#^$ the police or what ever but you shouldn't hide who you are. This is drifting not american idol.

PS, Altamont is your problem not mine.
                        Last edited by Toycoma; 05-21-2007, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Well lol RETAKS is one of our main sponsors yet they are the ones that made the vid and choose the music so i dont see what the problem is yet why there is a problem

RETAKS is showing a LifeStyle , if you skate , bmx , snowboard, wakeboard , you would understand our lifestyle . and how we grew up. and we sure did not grow up goodie 2 shoes ,

Comment

knock it off. its NoFX. they can drop the f-bomb at babies and grandmums in church.

Comment

Anything with NOFX gets my vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X