X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROSS PETTY V8 S15 Silvia for 2011

(CONFIRMED) ROSS PETTY V8 Silvia for 2011

Added Notes..

this update was confirmed from Garage BOSO before it was posted on DRIFTING.com

hell is slowly freezing over as we speak!

Comment

There may still be one more surprise V8. Haven't heard more, yet, though.

However, I am shocked that Ross is going V8. Not the first name I would have dropped for V8 swaps.

Comment

Whoop D doo doo! another nas-drift-racemcar. Theres no character to half of these FD cars anymore. Oh well at least its not a Scion,fugly,pos

Comment

Preach!!!

Last edited by Bebop; 11-17-2010, 03:38 PM. Reason: Some of the smiles dont work no more

Comment

Originally posted by RBees4teen View Post
            Whoop D doo doo! another nas-drift-racemcar. Theres no character to half of these FD cars anymore. Oh well at least its not a Scion,fugly,pos
            its so easy to say this as a spectator...

as a driver- v8's are really some sweeeeet stuff. myself and others have put in plenty of SR or similar seat time.

everyone that is so against it, i assume they dont drift competitively?

Comment

side note..

this update was confirmed from Garage BOSO before it was posted on DRIFTING.com

Comment

I've never been a fan of RB swaps let alone v8's. But I've never competed so what does my hard earned paying spectator a$$ know?

Comment

I hope its a ford or a mopar motor, something different then a LSJuan

Nissan and Toyota make V8s as well...

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post

if I had to guess, I'd say they would be going with a Nissan Vk just like what Forsberg was using. Boso is known for building awesome import cars, and I don't see them moving away from the engines they know.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post

You know, I'd like to see someone swap the new 5.0L DOHC crate engine Ford offers. I think it could give the "LSJuan" a run for it's money in terms of power to weight.

Comment

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

On the one hand I know this will make Ross more competitive and I think we all want to see that happen.

On the other hand I'm kind of bummed that the V8 invasion (import or not) has gotten so big that its forced one of the last hold outs to convert.

I definitely do NOT hope its a Ford, Mopar, or GM engine in the S15. I wouldn't cheer for them any less if they did go that route but I am holding out hope that they will go with a Nissan V8.

Comment

That makes 2 of us!

Comment

The V8 has taken the grace out of drifting.

Comment

yeah Ross was talking about this in an interview on drift stream at evergreen. As much as he doesn't want to do it, he said it makes too much sense to ignore and rule it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X