No announcement yet.

sr20det individual throttle bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this work in say a 94 Nissan Sentra SE-R... I know they come with non longitudinal SR20s

Comment

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-ca..._engindex.html

they have not developed a 4 throttle system for sr20det app. yet

Comment

Test car£º PS13(SR20DE)
        Camshaft£º Duration:280, Lift:12.5
        4throttle£º ©ª45
        Compression£º 12

We are developing special 4throttle system including surge tank for turbo model. It will bring extreme response and performance to the engine and enables you to drive much faster in the track, smoother in drift run, and giving nicer exhaust note. We are testing various forms of serge tank with flow bench tester to get the best result now. Please wait few more moment for the extreme 4throttle system from TOMEI.

Comment

wat u guys (and gals to who it may consern) are not seeing is that im going to get both itb's made for a just for a turbo set-up sr20, and a blitz turbo with silk road piping.
          not one or the other

Comment

My question. What good would it do?

How much power are you trying to pull?

Matt.

Comment

this is from tomei "We are developing special 4throttle system including surge tank for turbo model. It will bring extreme response and performance to the engine and enables you to drive much faster in the track, smoother in drift run, and giving nicer exhaust note. We are testing various forms of serge tank with flow bench tester to get the best result now. Please wait few more moment for the extreme 4throttle system from TOMEI"

Comment

ITB TURBO parts

Contact: www.haywardperformance.com .they can supply you with the parts you want, ITB's with a turbo plenum for boost uses. Thanks:LHP

Comment

Actually, one of the SR20's came with the ITB's from the factory. It was a redtop SR20DET, which was an RNN14 Pulsar/Sunny GTiR's (available everywhere outside the US; it's a compact car with 50:50 4x4 system and has a monstrous hood scoop - seee photo) powerplant. It has a system that uses a cover for the throttles, which is connected to an air filter to increase the reliability of the engine. The idea was the same as one the Tomei's website.

I'm pretty sure that Horinzer makes six-throttle systems for the S15 SR20. I'm not sure if they make it for the S14's blacktop or S13's redtop.

Please take note: some of the parts from S13 will NOT fit into an RNN14, so don't think that maintaining the engine will be easy. You'd have to import parts from either Japan or UK to make it going.

Comment

THANKS DARKSTAR!!! see people, thats the reply i like, can u tell me any more about the site for itb's and do u know anything about turbo and itb's on a sr20? I want both, and am trying to get any info on it i can. P.S. what is the like to that site u gave me??

Comment

Ikeya Formual makes ITBs for tubo SRs. I dunno where to go get them. Im sure Sam at Jspec.com could get them for you, but i don't know if it would be worht the hassle. Only one way to find out.

ITBs in any car will increase response and more effeciently use the intake air, thus resulting in a more performance-oriented engine. But they cost a grip. So, if you can pay it, im sure Sam can find it.

Comment

Glad I could help you 240silvia.

As for the Horinzer ITB's, I don't exactly know the website, I'll try to find out wether there is a one or not. I have seen one system mounted in an S15 and it looked waaaaay cool. The car performed so well that the Shunei Kawasaki's 600HP R34 couldn't catch up with it n a Best Motoring JDM Supercar Battle. But hey, the S15 had a 3037 turbo and a sequential tranny, so what am I talking about?! I'll try to find a link of the movie, and then I'll send you it through the PM, ok?

Comment

Here's your sr20det quad setup

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_...roducts_id=120
                          Last edited by showpaojoe; 09-23-2004, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X