FORMULA D Rule Changes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
    I'm really hoping that Formula D doesn't let this happen.

However even if they fix this..maybe the damage will already be done as far as Autobacs goes.

Which sucks..because the symbolism of Autobacs is really cool
    Formula D already let it happen...okay, so now what.

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
      Formula D already let it happen...okay, so now what.
      I feel pretty confident that they'll change their minds...or give Autobacs a loop-hole to go through.

Situations like this always seem to be pretty dynamic and fluid...one second its gonna be like this and then the next it all changes.

And even if they do hold their ground..Im sure once they have all the negative feedback after vegas they'll do whatever it is they feel they need to do to appease to Autobacs.

I don't think they would let this simple rule drive out a team...at least I hope not.

Comment

There is a system in place in Formula D rules to allow them to allow or disallow any car based on "pre-approval".

There is no public list of "pre-approvals", so no way to know if things like altered rear pickup points in a 350Z are approved, or suddenly "will" be approved when people stick their noses in.

8.1.1.5 Vehicles that do not meet the above eligibility criteria must petition for Approval from Formula Drift.

8.3.1 The basic OEM suspension design must remain. Any changes to design type suspension must be preaproved by Formula Drift.

8.3.3 Modified or aftermarket suspension parts are only allowed if pre-approved by Formula Drift.
        Last edited by tyndago; 06-29-2008, 11:44 PM.

Comment

I feel pretty confident that they'll change their minds...or give Autobacs a loop-hole to go through.

Situations like this always seem to be pretty dynamic and fluid...one second its gonna be like this and then the next it all changes.

And even if they do hold their ground..Im sure once they have all the negative feedback after vegas they'll do whatever it is they feel they need to do to appease to Autobacs.

I don't think they would let this simple rule drive out a team...at least I hope not.
          A "sanctioning body" of a "professional nature" rarely goes and makes a final decision and then goes and nullifies it later. If in case this does happen, dramatic changes within that organization usually follows.

It's been said that the modifications done to the Autobacs car is merely a glimpse into the future. It has also been said that whatever modifications have been done to the Autobacs car doesn't clearly make them into a dominating force. The Autobacs car has only come to 2nd place at the Atlanta, GA event, and then lost like a normal competitor in Long Beach, and at Englishtown.

I have always said that sanctioning bodies tend to focus more on making spectators and sponsors happy, and easily forget that without competitors, there are no such thing as spectators, and without spectators, there are no sponsors.

Comment

Its all a matter of approvals and pre approvals. About showing up to the first event with a car that was built in a month. Maybe some mis-interpretation of rules. Some English to Japanese issues.

I think that this situation was not handled correctly by any of the parties involved so far.

Comment

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
              There is a system in place in Formula D rules to allow them to allow or disallow any car based on "pre-approval".

There is no public list of "pre-approvals", so no way to know if things like altered rear pickup points in a 350Z are approved, or suddenly "will" be approved when people stick their noses in.

8.1.1.5 Vehicles that do not meet the above eligibility criteria must petition for Approval from Formula Drift.

8.3.1 The basic OEM suspension design must remain. Any changes to design type suspension must be preaproved by Formula Drift.

8.3.3 Modified or aftermarket suspension parts are only allowed if pre-approved by Formula Drift.
              ...not to mention

1.5.4 FORMULA DRIFT reserves the right to amend, or modify, the rules at any time (including
              individual series regulations and supplementary regulations) via Supplementary
              Regulations, Meetings, Tech Bulletins, Competitor Bulletins, Drift Competition Memos, or
              other medium.

1.5.5 The English text of these regulations will be used should any dispute arise regarding their
              interpretation. The final authority shall be the printed version of this text, plus bulletins,
              memos and/or supplementary regulations.

ANY car can suddenly just be legal, or illegal...am I reading this wrong?

Comment

They pushed the power rack back 6 inches and they welded the knuckles

XXX EDITED

All jokes aside, Formula D just isn't strong enough for a driver like takatori to dominate in there series.

Why: hes a non english speaking driver from japan, his main sponsor is based in japan. His victory will only raise questions about the credibility of the sport in states. He will not represent formula d in a good way.

Journalist - So who is your series champion this year"
                FD - "M.Takatori"
                Journalist - "Who is he?"
                FD - "A driver from japan sponsored by super autobacs"
                Journalist - " What is a autobacs" lol

Now a response to a champion like Sam, Tanner, Rhys, or even Fors

Is this takatoris/sa driftings fault? Nope, hes a great driver and deserves way better then this. I think the team came to the states in hopes of getting away from the biased drama in formula D. Just to get stuck in this debacle... maybe they should try driving in europe or ausfailia.

So all tied up, FD isn't ready for a unknown driver with unknown sponsors to succeed in they're series.

Just my opinion though

Comment

Its all a matter of approvals and pre approvals. About showing up to the first event with a car that was built in a month. Maybe some mis-interpretation of rules. Some English to Japanese issues.

I think that this situation was not handled correctly by any of the parties involved so far.
                  Agreed....but now things have been set into motion, and a "decision" was made. So now what?

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                    So all tied up, FD isn't ready for a unknown driver with unknown sponsors to succeed in they're series.

Just my opinion though
                    So what you are saying is...that its ok for them to limit one car over another based solely on popularity and sponsors ?

Serious ?

Only the popular drivers "can" win ?

Only the big sponsors cars "can" win ?

How ridiculous of an argument is that in a supposed "professional" series ?

Lets just call it Formula - "bring us the most sponsor money to pad our pockets".

Comment

So what you are saying is...that its ok for them to limit one car over another based solely on popularity and sponsors ?

Serious ?

Only the popular drivers "can" win ?

Only the big sponsors cars "can" win ?

How ridiculous of an argument is that in a supposed "professional" series ?

Lets just call it Formula - "bring us the most sponsor money to pad our pockets".
                      Did i say i agree with this?

I'm really waiting for someone to post up some all star bash pics lol.

Comment

Has anyone here seen the suspension set up on millen's pontiac? It is so far from OEM..... And how can the TC be anywhere near oem? This is like the chewbacca theory. Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kyshaak....OJ is not guilty!

Comment

They pushed the power rack back 6 inches and they welded the knuckles

niggaz at peak performance are pissEDD!!!!!!

All jokes aside, Formula D just isn't strong enough for a driver like takatori to dominate in there series.

Why: hes a non english speaking driver from japan, his main sponsor is based in japan. His victory will only raise questions about the credibility of the sport in states. He will not represent formula d in a good way.

Journalist - So who is your series champion this year"
                          FD - "M.Takatori"
                          Journalist - "Who is he?"
                          FD - "A driver from japan sponsored by super autobacs"
                          Journalist - " What is a autobacs" lol

Now a response to a champion like Sam, Tanner, Rhys, or even Fors

Is this takatoris/sa driftings fault? Nope, hes a great driver and deserves way better then this. I think the team came to the states in hopes of getting away from the biased drama in formula D. Just to get stuck in this debacle... maybe they should try driving in europe or ausfailia.

Just my opinion though
                          I'll do this in order...

8.3.4 Steering
                          Modifications of steering components are free.

That's right out of the Formula D rulebook...so whatever they wanna do to the steering is absolutely fine. Agreed? Okay...

According to Autobac's website, they have 600 stores. Including 88 Strauss Auto stores in NY, NJ, and PA, and the two Super Autobacs in Southern California. I'm sure they have an interest in having a car compete in the USA with their name on it.

If there is such an automotive journalist that doesn't know what Autobacs is, maybe that person should honestly just find something else to do for a job instead.

On top of that, Formula D went and held a special event in Singapore in April of 2008. Just for giggles, there is also an Autobacs in Singapore as well.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
                            Has anyone here seen the suspension set up on millen's pontiac? It is so far from OEM..... And how can the TC be anywhere near oem? This is like the chewbacca theory. Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kyshaak....OJ is not guilty!
                            I think since there are no present "experts" in the realm of Pontiacs, Porsches, Vipers, etc, nobody at these events will really know what is OEM and what is not OEM. Highlighted information regarding the Super Autobacs drift car was brought to the attention of Formula D officials. Since Skylines are relatively popular these days, there are a lot of "experts".
                            Last edited by courantcom; 06-30-2008, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
                              When your factory backed... everything is OEM.

Right???

Comment

When your factory backed... everything is OEM.

Right???
                                ...couldn't have been said any better.

Comment

Working...
                                X