No announcement yet.

FORMULA D Rule Changes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont understand what all the crying is. Takatori is top 6 because he can drive not because of the strut front suspension swap. Whoever protested I dont understand? It just put the car on par with all the s-chassis's in the series. I would rather see him in a skyline with s14 suspension (I know its not) than in another s14 out there. The car is amazing, Takatori kicks serious *Censored**Censored**Censored*. Its drifting. I think if there are people that have unfair advantages because of "grey" area mods its not Takatori. Problem is its the same problem that has been around forever. The top teams have so much money into the program that its nearly impossible for a privateer to come in and compete. But that will never change, its a spectator sport and 700hp cars look cooler than 250hp cars. Plain and simple. It brings the sponsor money and it supports the series that will never change.

Comment

• Originally posted by brainfood View Post
      I would rather see him in a skyline with s14 suspension (I know its not) than in another s14 out there. T Plain and simple. It brings the sponsor money and it supports the series that will never change.
      Actually you make a really good point. He could have been out there in an S-Chassis car. He might actually be doing better. The S-Chassis is lighter than the bigger and heavier R34 chassis. The S-Chassis uses a strut type front suspension. The engine mods are free, so he could be running the same engine and turbo on the car. Everyone has seen RB swaps into 240's. They actually fit a little better as there is more room between the towers.

Rear suspension, S13 , S14 , S15 , R32 , R33 , R34 all use the same/similar subframe with with a couple of pickup point differences in the later cars.

So really, why didn't they run an S-Chassis ? Everyone is ? If this car were an S-Chassis car, this thread, these issues would not exist.

So instead of running the "cool" car for the spectators to see, if they were running the same as everyone else. Who cares about the spectators ?

Comment

• Who cares about the spectators ?
        drivers with sponsors

Comment

• Originally posted by cfrost View Post
          drivers with sponsors
          I hope you understand that is tongue in cheek when I said " Who cares about spectators ?"

What I mean by it is who wants to see another S chassis car ?

Comment

• Originally posted by _PG_ View Post
            Ross, that's easier said than done. That's like saying Formula 1 cars just need to be 1 seat and open wheel. Everything else is free, JUST GO OUT AND DRIVE!!! When there is business involved, there need to be strict guidelines.

By strict guidelines, your guys' car isn't legal. It isn't. And the wheel wells have been straight cut off the R34 and replaced with C34 ones so that the suspension will "bolt in".

C'MON!

Roo claiming that nothing has been done to give the car an advantage... YEAH RIGHT! Why go through all that work to... NOT make the car better?

I forget if it was on this site or ZT but you guys also claimed that some DA cars were illegal. Serious? We've been telling everyone out in the open to comb the cars over with a fine tooth comb and see if ours are illegal. THEY ARE NOT. 100%. No questionables. No cheats. No bent rules, no white lies. You wanna say that crap? That's BS. I'd bet that they are the most legal, un-modified cars in FD.
            I'll pretend I didn't see you say that, and just let this one go. You can maybe go and tell Ross that, but maybe that's as far as that will go. From the way this thread has gone, it's become totally apparent that there's a problem with Formula D rules. It's not a question of how one car has this and that...it's a discussion of how OTHER cars can just be allowed to run and how the SA Skyline gets scrutinized.

Nobody has yet still to answer the question of whether or not the SA Skyline would have been "pre-approved" if the SA Team kept Formula D in the loop about the build from the get-go. I mean, at this point, of COURSE the amicable answer would have been "Of course they would have...blah blah blah." ....or would they have? Exactly.....would they have?

Quite a bit of us here have been reading this thread over and over and over...I'm not the only one. Through this thread, people have even learned about other cars on here -- Like the Nitto Tires Corvete, or RMR's Bridgestone GTO. Those cars also have modified suspension, and yet are still allowed to run with no such penalties. The SA Skyline has suspension work done on it too, but for some reason, it has to be returned to factory Skyline setup, and all the other cars can stay the same.

Originally posted by _PG_ View Post
            Takatori is a cool dude. Always has been. Good driver, etc... I know like hell you guys haven't done the "worst" thing in an unsporting manner concerning the rulebook, but come up with some hard facts about specific other cars and protest THEM if you think that's what people have been doing. Hey, that's racing, right? Sorry.
            All of us should be done with asking questions and drawing up concerns about other people's cars. It's already obvious that everyone's got something...EVERYONE man, don't even let me say that again. EVERYONE has something done. You suggest that someone just "protest". Yeah, well...hopefully by now, maybe you'll feel that if you "protest" something, you would feel better about it if you knew that the strength of a sanctioning body's rule book will be strong enough to uphold your allegations.

Comment

• Originally posted by _PG_ View Post
              A cars were illegal. Serious? We've been telling everyone out in the open to comb the cars over with a fine tooth comb and see if ours are illegal. THEY ARE NOT. 100%. No questionables. No cheats. No bent rules, no white lies. You wanna say that crap? That's BS. I'd bet that they are the most legal, un-modified cars in FD.
              So then, whats done to the aluminum rear subframe on a V8 powered 350Z to control the toe under squat ?

Lets not pretend.

Comment

• Originally posted by tyndago View Post
                Actually you make a really good point. He could have been out there in an S-Chassis car. He might actually be doing better. The S-Chassis is lighter than the bigger and heavier R34 chassis. The S-Chassis uses a strut type front suspension. The engine mods are free, so he could be running the same engine and turbo on the car. Everyone has seen RB swaps into 240's. They actually fit a little better as there is more room between the towers.

Rear suspension, S13 , S14 , S15 , R32 , R33 , R34 all use the same/similar subframe with with a couple of pickup point differences in the later cars.

So really, why didn't they run an S-Chassis ? Everyone is ? If this car were an S-Chassis car, this thread, these issues would not exist.

So instead of running the "cool" car for the spectators to see, if they were running the same as everyone else. Who cares about the spectators ?
                Yes, a really good point has been brought up here. Okay, so basically, if the SA car was in fact an S-Chassis car, with an RB swap, and Skyline body parts...IT would be legal according to Formula D rules. OEM Skyline front fenders, OEM hood, bumper, headlights...OEM Skyline tails, trunk, and rear bumper...

8.1.2.1 Cars must maintain the OEM look and feel and be clean, free of damage and presentable for competition.

8.1.2.2 Aftermarket body panels, front and/or rear fascias, side skirts and wings, etc. are permitted; body work that is not designed as O.E.M. or an O.E.M. replacement of the original make and model of the vehicle must be approved by FORMULA DRIFT.

8.2.1.1 Engine and transmission modifications are free.

See what I mean? ...there's a problem with the rulebook.
                Last edited by courantcom; 07-03-2008, 10:02 AM.

Comment

So then, whats done to the aluminum rear subframe on a V8 powered 350Z to control the toe under squat ?

Lets not pretend.
                  Are you implying that someone over at RB Motoring in City of Industry, CA is capable of aluminum fabrication work? Oh no way.... I thought they just did wheels! ;-)

Comment

• This thread is a prime example of why people don't like drifting anymore.
                    Way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by cfrost View Post
                      drivers with sponsors
                      Who brings in the spectators?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
                        This thread is a prime example of why people don't like drifting anymore.
                        Way to go.
                        No way man...people love drifting. Drifting brings all the boys to the yard. It's milkshake is better than yours. ;-) Each car is built with so much personality...so much character...so much passion. This goes all the way from Ross Petty's airhorn, all the way down to umm....ummm, Forrest's "shifter". hahaha.

This thread is a prime example of what happens when someone gets bullied around. Other people lend their voice until that someone is strong enough to stand on their own.
                        Last edited by courantcom; 07-03-2008, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Way to go.
                          Lots of people never liked drifting. You really think this thread will make people either go or not go to a local event ?

Comment

• Seems like everyone is kinda getting into a blame game of sorts. For *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s sake this is drifting who cares if the Skyline has modified suspension, it obviously hasn't granted such a huge increase in performance that it should be deemed illegal. So whats the problem? This isn't about getting every other car busted either, I don't think any of us want to see the rule book slammed down on any other car in the series, well at least I hope not.

This thread should be about WHY only the Team SA Skyline and not the other; this should NOT be When the other cars are gonna get it. So stop the bitching and start with the answers FD. Every reason you have stated would be fine if those points wouldn't be easily argued against using your OWN DAMN RULE BOOK.

So let me ask the question again, if Team SA asked for pre-approval during the build would their have been cleared with approval?

Comment

Lets not pretend.
                              There are now how many V8 350 Zs in FD?

I assume you're talking about Chris's Z, since it was directed at my comment specifically. I invite you to talk to Kevin Wells about any questionable mods, he's gone over the rule book a million times and anything that is done to that car is well within the spectrum of the rules. In fact we had a conversation the other day about how people complain about Chris's car. Not only is it not the most modified car in FD, its also not even the most modified 350Z.

You are gonna get nowhere fast if you start throwing around wild allegations about every competitor. You guys want to actually succeed with something, talk about the cars that are breaking the same rules that you have.

Comment

Way to go.

What he said ;0

Comment

Working...
                                X