ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW YORK TIMES (Drifting: The Fast Art of the Controlled Slide )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott
    Well its good to know that Mr. Dixon understands where we are comin from.
    Indeed we judged him and the artical too harshly. I feel rather embarrassed by it actually.

Comment

yea i feel bad too.. i just went off wen i saw The RsR S14 labeled as a honda and being driven by alex pfeiffer. Also the Initial D thing a lil messed up. The character is known as Takumi Fujiwara, Initial D is the name of the Manga/Anime series

Comment

This comes the realization that this site is INDEED the first stop for drifting on the internet. Us regular guys should temper our tounges in the future. Be helpful, send a letter ect.. Not just go off. Its a lesson we all needed to learn.

the NY Times schooled us, lol.

Comment

My post wasnt that bad i just exaggerated the amount of errors

Comment

Well I am going to be more careful with what i say. For fear i will look like an *Censored**Censored**Censored* further in the future.

Comment

You have to realize not every story journalists are told to cover will be about something they are interested in or have knowledge about. The fact Mr. Dixon took the time to respond to this forum speaks volumes about him and the NY Times.

Comment

Originally posted by ma71supraturbo
                As a student in journalism, you have to realize not every story you are told to cover will be about something you are interested in or have knowledge about. The fact Mr. Dixon took the time to respond to this forum speaks volumes about him and the NY Times.
                yes it does

Comment

MESSAGE FROM Chris Dixon-SENT TO DRIFTING.com Via EMAIL

"Jeez, I didn't realize I was going to spark such discussion. I'm flattered. But let's be fair here, you guys schooled us. We base our reputation on getting the facts straight -- when we don't get 'em straight we expect to hear about it!! Tho the highest compliment is when someone on the inside gives you props. (as long as it's not for being one-sided) Nissanguy, sorry I didn't get to meet you. I'm surprised someone didn't point me in your direction! Sure had fun. Being there made me wish I would have hung on to my '85 Merkur Xr4ti Turbo. With rear wheel drive, I think it would have made a great drifter."

Comment

The New York times from what I know,has always held a high standard in all of their articles.I'm not suprised to see them going about correcting the article the way they did,and to see the writer actually e-mailing the website about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft

o man that honda can drift !

This article has alot of errors im sorry to say
                      this honda is the bomB!!!!! hahaha lol

Comment

Originally posted by twcfc3s
                        this honda is the bomB!!!!! hahaha lol
                        umm that was inappropriate. as you could have seen if you read the rest of the thread they are sorry for that mistake and have corrected it.

I'm just suprised that you guys did an article on drifting at all. yay for the NY times.

Comment

I hate when you act like that

Comment

Maybe the camera guy (or whoever) thought it was a Prelude. Cuz S14's and Preludes look sort of alike..........

Comment

IM sorry im sorry, i was jus pokin fun at a silly mistake

i mean if i knew that they would read what i said of course i wouldnt have acted like that.

Comment

I was just joking too. I dont know if he knows Young Dong is a drifting team, not the evil jungle of love.
                                Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 05-14-2004, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X