The C2powerhaus Info On Starions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C2POWERHAUS (H)
    Yes, close to 4,000 pounds...and I know this for a fact since I've read the Manufacturer label on the car.

It's a couple hundred pounds heavier than my Z, which is at the 3,600 pound range. reason why its getting 16's is because of the turbo...no turbo and the car wouldn't be getting any significant times.
    Sorry C2, but you must be corrected. They weigh 3000 at most do to the fact that I own one and see the door label very often. And the rear gear ratio is 3.54 not 4.10. Actually 3.90 and 4.11 are upgrades. Yes the jet valves jacked the heads up. Reliability issues. I imagine you also run the stock injection setup. Lose the stock injection and relax. They run stock with the TBI and that just dont do it in a performance situation. Go MPI($2000 ) or an upgraded TBI unit and your ready to peel pavement. Problem is that they are old and people wanna buy them and pretend they came straight of the showroom floor.

Comment

as a starion owner, i can say that as much as I love the car, it's the hardest car in the world to work on. it's unlike any other vehicle i've worked on.

definitely not a good car to work on if you don't have skills, tools, and some cash. These cars require you to be inventive as well. almost nothing is 'bolt on'.

all the performance parts that are available are made by other SQ members. there's a crew of die-hard fans at starquestclub.com

Comment

your right!! starions are wicked heavy!! there is a guy here by me whos got a really nice red one! he's been out slidin before but he said he has alot of problems w/ boost kicking in at the wrong time?!?! i dont have a boosted car so i cant relate but there also is a shop called "polk performance" here and a guy named don is building one those for a drag car, i think he might be getting a hole saw for his project. i like those cars cause there widebody, old school and boosted!! cool cars!

Comment

i know for a fact that starions are UNDER 3000 lbs. i had one. i weighed it, 2820 BONE STOCK, NOTHING REMOVED, EVEN HAD A/C. Mine was a 1989 model too so it had the bigger rear end and stuff too. i don't know where you got the 4000 lbs thing???? maybe you're thinking of the Gross vehicle weight?? as in the most weight the car can hold including its own weight??

They are definately driftable... 8 way adjustable koni shocks (STOCK) wide wheels, decent balance... as far as the MAS going bad, an ECLIPSE MAS fits right in, gives more performance. i had one with a 16G on it (ported, with a ported manifold) running 13 psi the car was in the 13s... it LOVED to burn the tires too... the PS pump went bad in mine... so turning it SUCKED, but i didn't have much problem getting it sideways...

Comment

I apologize in advance for jacking this thread, but i have a new MOMO hub adaptor for the Starion for sale if anyone is interested. It also fits the 85-89 MR2. Check out the Buy and Sell thread.

Comment

Working...
            X