Question about skyline importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about skyline importing

I had an idea, If you could find a skyline..just the shell basically..No engine, Could you possibly buy it cheap and have it shipped..This way avoiding legalizing cause its just the body and then get it here and put in an rb..Just an idea..

Sure, but it wont be leaglly regersiterd as a american car nor ever will be able. so it cant drive on american roads. in other words if you got all sorts of money and want a race car go ahead....

Comment

Shipping a car that is not driven is really pretty cheap. A friend shipped a 74 Fairlady from Kobe to Miami for around $600. I don't imagine a non-driver car could be a lot more.

Comment

Re: Question about skyline importing

Originally posted by 97kouki
        This way avoiding legalizing cause its just the body and then get it here and put in an rb..Just an idea..
        Actually it isn't JUST a body. It's a chassis too. It won't get legal just coming with a body and you inserting an engine.

Comment

Re: Re: Question about skyline importing

Originally posted by gladhatter
          Actually it isn't JUST a body. It's a chassis too. It won't get legal just coming with a body and you inserting an engine.

never said itd be legal, just thinking of a way to get a skyline here for cheaper..

Comment

you would have to get the crash test reports to get it legal. Motorex crash tested sylines and made the changes to each to to get them legal. So if you were to get the car it would still have to pass crash testing, and you would have to custom fab the parts to make it legal. And if that didnt work it could only be used as a race/show car. But if you could get on the net and find out what it needs to be legal, or contact your local DMV nad ask them then maby you coud do it for pretty cheap. I was importing an S15 from japan and it was 20 grand for car and shipping(through a friend) but then i have heard it was gonne be close to 20 to legalize it.

Comment

Originally posted by s13/350z
              you would have to get the crash test reports to get it legal. Motorex crash tested sylines and made the changes to each to to get them legal. So if you were to get the car it would still have to pass crash testing, and you would have to custom fab the parts to make it legal. And if that didnt work it could only be used as a race/show car. But if you could get on the net and find out what it needs to be legal, or contact your local DMV nad ask them then maby you coud do it for pretty cheap. I was importing an S15 from japan and it was 20 grand for car and shipping(through a friend) but then i have heard it was gonne be close to 20 to legalize it.
              If i told them it was going to use it as only a race car..Would i still have to go through the crash test crap..

Comment

Doubt it, it should still be legal for off-road usage. All the DOT/EPA, crash test sheeit is just if you want to make it streetable. But besides that, I heard there are ways to register it as a kit car without having to go through even more *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

RE:

Just get someone in Japan to keep an eye out for you. I'll probably do it in a few months.

Comment

Working...
                  X