Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Really stupid newb SR question

hi all,
    ive been around the site for a while but i dont post much...since i dont know too much about all the tech stuff....anyways...i was reading through some mags laying around my rooma and i saw some cars that had a SR20 with a k/ph and some with a mph speedometer....is it becuase you can re-map the ecu to read mph? or is that guys speedometer messed up?...i really dont know any tech stuff about cars....please dont flame....

japan = kph
    us = mph

whats all i can think of

Comment

Actually, if the car had heads up display (hud) you can switch it I believe on the Japanese model. I have it on my 240sx but you can't switch it to K/PH. You can rewire your original USDM gauge cluster into the SR harness also.

This was actually a very good newb question.

Comment

yep. you dont remap the ecu. its just a wiring issue.

Comment

o ok...so if i just keep the USDM wires and stuff then ittl read mph?

thanks for all the help

Comment

Its all in the gauge. They both read the same signal so its just a mater of plugging in the MPH gauge or the KPH Gauge. SCC did this on there project silvia, I think they had to trim some plastic to make it fit, no biggie.

Comment

dont care, just speed!!

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                Its all in the gauge. They both read the same signal so its just a mater of plugging in the MPH gauge or the KPH Gauge. SCC did this on there project silvia, I think they had to trim some plastic to make it fit, no biggie.
                yea...that was for the tach, they have a HUD on their silvia

Comment

Originally posted by MoNkEy_MaGiCx
                  yea...that was for the tach, they have a HUD on their silvia
                  Was it? oh well never mind then, The memory must be going in my old age.

Comment

Working...
                  X