How Do I????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I????

I have so many vids i want to share on my camcorder so how do I convert the tape to put onto computer? Or do i need to just break down and spend my next couple paychecks on a Phillips DVD burner recorder(u know that commercial with the guy and his gf singing?)???? HELPPPPP!!!!!

You should have some A?V cord you can hook in your pc.Then you can use a program like Real Producer to extract the video and save it on your hardrive.

Comment

YOu need a hot wire. Go to best buy or good guys. Tell them you need a hot wire. Real player should be able to extract it.

Comment

all right you guys are life savers Of to best buy i go (tomorrow)

Comment

to help save you a bit of money on just going out and buying random shizzy.. first, what type of video recorder do you have? if it's a newer one like a digital 8 or something along those lines, they usually have a firewire port that you can use to plug right into the firewire port on your computer (if you don't have one, then all you need is a firewire card, which usually run around 30 bucks IF that), and you can use windows video recorder, which is rediculiously simple. If you plan to do this a lot you might want to get some sort of hardware solution that is made spesifically for video transfer.

if your video camera is older, than you're going to need to get something like a TV in card, or something that'll take RCA's into your computer, then you can use windows video recorder to extract it, or some other type of video extracting software.

once you have it extracted, you're going to notice that it's rediculiously large in size.. so you'll probably want to encode it with something like divx (divx5 bieng the hip thing right now), real media, or... something.. wmv works too, but it's kinda iffy quality..

Comment

If you just want an inexpensive way to just get the video on to your comp go to comp usa, frys or best buy and ask them for a device that can do just that. I know there is a company that makes them ( forgot the name) for about 100$. You just hook up your A/V (audio/video) cables to it and the computer does the rest. I could go into more detail cause I do alot of video work but for the beginer thats the best thing to do.

Comment

thanx everyone for the help and hopefully u will be seeing my vids in about a month, christmas time makes me broke. lol..

Comment

Working...
              X