• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress on the AE85 Trueno

I have uploaded pictures of the rebuild and prior

home.iprimus.com.au/foxtail/before/1.jpg All the way to 19.jpg

and

home.iprimus.com.au/foxtail/during/1.jpg All the way to 30.jpg

Soon as I get some more $$$ I can get the powder coating done i can install the already built bottom half of the 3SGE.

sam_kaos@hotmail.com

Nice.

Comment

looks good

Comment

the cats eyes are glowing!

Comment

just thougth you should know that just because it is a single cam doesnt mean it is an AE85 Chassis...check your VIN first. From what I have read in a Corolla history book, the AE85 was available in Japan with a different SOHC than what is offered here ( I think it was 3TC...not positive) and chassis code is called AE85. The AE86 also applies to US SOHC with 4A-G and 4A-GE DOHC. Usually this confusion comes from watching Initial D

In any case, AE86 here almost always refers to DOHC

Comment

Chachi: Did you stop and look where the guy lives? I think the guy knows what car he has. Do you know anything about corollas at all? Man I can't believe I'm even posting this!

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi
              just thougth you should know that just because it is a single cam doesnt mean it is an AE85 Chassis...check your VIN first. From what I have read in a Corolla history book, the AE85 was available in Japan with a different SOHC than what is offered here ( I think it was 3TC...not positive) and chassis code is called AE85. The AE86 also applies to US SOHC with 4A-G and 4A-GE DOHC.

In any case, AE86 here almost always refers to DOHC
              3A-U. And yeah, I suppose this guy does have AE85s where he is.

btw 4A-G and 4A-GE are the same. I think you meant 4A-C =P

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                3A-U. And yeah, I suppose this guy does have AE85s where he is.

btw 4A-G and 4A-GE are the same. I think you meant 4A-C =P

hah yeah, you would think I would know, I used to own one! Yeah the engine in my SR5 was the 4aC

Comment

Originally posted by aphxero
                  Chachi: Did you stop and look where the guy lives? I think the guy knows what car he has. Do you know anything about corollas at all? Man I can't believe I'm even posting this!

Oh ok Australia makes sense,.... I spend my time driving instead of internet drifting so if I mess up engine codes for a car I dont even give a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about, it shouldnt be such a big deal. Like I said I read up on them years back and thats why I put a damn "?" after the engine code. At least ACDSupra wasnt a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and corrected me. Go fist yourself

Comment

AE85 was avaible in just about every country but america,

4-AG is a 4-a block with a dual over head cam head, carbed

4-AGE is the same block and head just fuel injected

4-AC is sohc carbed...

4-AF(E) is the sister of the 4-AG(E) but it has a single cam gear that drives the exausht cam while a siccors gear drives the intake gear.

3-A i know nothing about...

Comment

Ok, Well according to the chassis number that is stamped into the firewall it is a AE85. When I bought it, it had a stock 3A 1500cc. Looks like a 4A but the dissy comes out the middle of the head and has the coil built in. Apparently they have almost same power as 4A but less torque. It also had a cable clutch K50 gearbox. It is the same box internally as KE corollas but ONLY bolts up to A motors. It also had thinner solid front discs compared to AE86, Single piece tail shaft and smaller rear drums, no adjustable steering column.

AE85 was never sold in Australia, I bought it from an importer. AE86 was ONLY sold in Australia with 4A-C and solid front discs.

I put a 11psi ze in it with T50, 2-peice tailshaft, TE72 diff, AE86 pedal set and hydrolic clutch master and custom wide body camry brakes (28mm vented) on AE86 struts.

The ze is gone - swapped for paint job. The 3SGE III bottom end is bolted in on custom crossmember. The W55 box is on. Now its down to $$$ to finish.
                      Attached Files

Comment

COOL! Thats things gonna be a screamer!

Comment

Here is a late model small port ze, with big port head and rwd manifold, NEVO 175cm pulley and SC14 I built up to sell. Figured it would make about 230hp @ 6500
                          Attached Files

Comment

more
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X