Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch driving

Hi,

It was a rainy weekend in Holland last week, so a couple of friends of mine, decided to play outside.

The red e36 m3 and light-gray e46 m3 is driven by the same person.

short movie

Compilation:

14 mb movie

It's not D1 style drifting, but the cars are normal streetcars, without special setups

Nice vids...it must feel good to wake up each morning and look out the window at your own M3...damn.

Comment

Holey crap!!!!! hahah that was an amazeing video. apart of me was saying STOP! it's gonna crash! but it didn't, his feint was perfect. haha and twards the end something a g-pad whould see. great vid an awsome first post. welcome to the forums.

Comment

cool first video but the second link doesn't work

Comment

It seems that the video was downloaded too much.
          Too much bandwidth is used.

I shall look for a new location.

Sorry.

Comment

yes yes yes ! I want to see it

I see that you are from Netheirland, do you drive on the Nürburgring in Germany, I know a lot of friends from Netheirland who drive on it so... ?

Comment

Do you think that guy could teach me that? That was cool.

Comment

*snif* *snif*

You guys make me proud to be dutch :P

Comment

nice vids, looked pretty good.

Comment

Nobody wants to host the file. It uses too much bandwidth.
                    I even lost the other movies.

I haven't introduced myself properly.

Hi my name is Frank and I live in the Netherlands.
                    A year ago I got my BMW 330ci and started to try drifting.
                    My friends were drifting a couple of years, but i wasn't able to drift with my former car.

(no rwd) So I wasn't really new to the art form called drifting.

Due to the lack of time and not very much room to practice, i still suck at drifting.
                    I live in a very crowded area and the police isn't very nice when they see you doing stuff

like that. Many coppers don't have a clue. The tend to see it as joyriding and fooling

around with your car. Even when you do it at night on a desserted parkinglot, you can get a

ticket. Most of the time, you will be sent away with a warning.
                    Not many people drift in holland, there isn't even a underground scene.
                    Cause everyone think you're a nutter, people won't tell that they drift.
                    Over the years I started to know people who also like to drift, but everyone complained about lack of room, or being hassled by the police.
                    Almost 2 years ago, I visited an old english airbase in Germany.
                    And a part of the airbase could be rented.
                    I started to organise a "track-day" for drifters

on the airbase. Last year I organised 3 days, I'm trying to do 4 days this year on the

airbase. But the people who live around the airbase, are complaining about noise.
                    Small commercial airliners also land on a new part of the airbase and still the surrounding

community are complaining about the sound of our screeching tires!!! The owner of the

airbase is still deciding if i can rent the "track" part next year. Somehow I think it's

funny. People can learn to drift without the interference of traffic or cops.
                    Due to the fact, people complain about the noise, i think it's a success.
                    I have some pictures from the last day:

picture gallery

I also have some movies, but i don't have any space to upload and share them.
                    As you can see, most cars are old BMW's.
                    Silvia's, AE86's or other RWD japannese cars are not so common in Holland.

I read this forum every day, for the last year, but now i thought it was time to say something.

And Happy new year.

Greetings,

Frank

Comment

you didn't answer my question

I can upload some videos on my FTP if you want but not for a long time

Comment

Sorry Spy,

Yes i drive sometimes on the ring, although i didn't drive last year.
                        (no time)
                        Driving the ring is just plain megafantastic!
                        But don't under estimate the ring. Trying to know it will take you years.
                        The parking at the restaurant and entrance of the ring is awesome. There is no regular car-show on earth, that can beat the parking-lot at the entrance of the ring.

Comment

no probs
                          yes I know that we don't have to under estimate the Ring, it's the most beautiful track in the world, the most exciting but the most dangerous too...
                          this year, I did something like 2000 kilometers on it, I just love it . that is real that the parking lot is awesome, you will see there all the cars that you don't see during your daily driving . it's there that I saw my first modified skyline R34, my first AE86 and all those spécials cars...

Comment

Hi Frank_D

are you the Frank_D who is in the German Calibra and C20let Forum?
                            Did you have an charged Calibra V6?

sorry my bad english!

Comment

Hi crazyman,

No i haven't got a calibra. So im not the Frank D you're talking about.
                              I'm driving this car:

my car

Yhe guy who filmed the second meeting, is an art student.
                              He created this movie

Movie (20mb)

Enjoy

[shameless plug]

He's got more movies, check it out:

Jordy van Kouwen

Comment

Working...
                              X