My S14 build... finally getting there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My S14 build... finally getting there

Well guys, its been a while, a while since alot has happened to me and alot has been going on with my car. First off, im a Ohio local that attends Kent state university in Kent ohio, near akron. Anyhow, im 23 years old, I've been working on (modifying) S chassis cars since i was 17, i really love the cars, we always spent our time on windy backroads testing the true limits of these cars, and over the years i have had a few cars, my most recent would be my 1995 240sx. anyways, i jsut wanted to share my story and show you all some pics of whats going on in little ol' Ohio. Like i said, for driving/drifting events, im usually at Beaver Run, as well as Killkare in dayton, but we are starting our own point league in akron, which im very excited for since im heading the whole operation and its finally getting off the ground since 11 months ago...

... but liek i said, its been a long strange road, and its been a really fun time building the car, since i started off with a base model 4 lug automatic version, and jsut went to town rippign into it and changing everyhting so that it would best suit my needs.

anyways, heres my car

little drift session in columbus

same session

Picture taken 1.5 years ago after coilover install, and multilink parts, new wheels too, thanks signal!

new exhaust

kaaz 2 way, sweet

new wheels Schmidt VN line 18x10 +36 rear, 18x8.5 +36 front

another set of new wheels Fabulous Expands, 18x10 +12 rear, 18x9 +04 front

i stretched a 225 on a 10.5 meister for my roomate, hehe

KAT... ran for about 17 miles before the headgasket went at 12 lbs, was fun though

So then i did ARP head studs and a cometic Headgasket!!

And then i was happy, so i had a beverage

Anyhow, my friend said that the KAT with the HG and studs wasnt enough, so we are porting the head, upping the turbo size, o-ringing the deck, rasing the compression to 9.5:1, using wiseco pistons that are taking 4 weeks to cut..!!!

anyhow, modifications go as notes...

MOTOR:
    Wiseco 9.2:1 pistons
    shaved head
    o-ringed deck
    ported head
    ARP head studs
    Cometic Head gasket
    Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
    SAFC
    370cc injectors
    flexalite pull fan
    greddy sandwich plate
    Garrett t3 .42.48
    JGS Wastegate
    Tubular manifold
    18x12x3 cheapo intercooler
    Earls fittings
    apex n1 knockoff catback
    greddy downpipe

SUSPENSION/WHEELS/DRIVELINE
    Tein Coilovers
    Tein TC rods
    SPL Rucas
    SPL subframe spacers
    Fabulous Expands 18x10, 18x9
    KAaz 2 way LSD
    B&M shortshifter

thanks for looking guys, next on the list is a roll cage and a bucket seat!!!
    Last edited by s15driftking; 04-06-2007, 01:55 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Nice! A buddy of mine has a built KA-T and the car is SICK! Kinda regret getting an SR to be honest... coulda built a KA-T for myself with that cash. Oh well... have fun with that!

Comment

Wow..kickazz! Great job so far! Keep it up! I plan on rebuilding my RX-7 next week...thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

looking snazzy, keep up the work

Comment

thanks for the love guys, i will keep you all updated, i am really excited to get here back on the road

Comment

why are you raising the compression if your boosting?

the Schmidt look bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

Originally posted by kairles
              why are you raising the compression if your boosting?

the Schmidt look bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*
              well, the whole idea behind it is to shave the head, and take the 9.2:1 piston to get it to 9.5, the reasoning behind it is a having a rpm band/curve of that of an N/A motor, so in reality A. i will have more power than stock which is inevitable, and B. the powerband/accelleration will feel like i am driving an all motor or otherwise supercharged (because of low rpm power) vehicle. But you're right, it does sound crazy, and this is the first time we are trying it, but with hours and hours of calculations by a friend who is bred fro ma family of geniouses i think this will be very successful, the biggest thing is finding the right bore, mated to the right compression piston, mated to the right turbo, and hopefully when we are done, it will be a 360 hp turbo monster that behaves like a built NA v8!! more updates to come, and i guess as far as my buddy is concerned who is doing all the math, he says this could spark interest in other drivers especially in drift because if its relentless ability to deliver instant power as soon as you tap the gas pedal. OH as for numbers, we're shooting for 350-370 hp at 8-10 lbs with my compression ratio of 9.5:1

AS FOR THE SCHMIDTS, they are for sale, the wheels cost 3600 new without tires, i'll dump them to any drifting.com memer for 800 bucks with tires because imma nice guy, and thats what i paid for them

Comment

9.5 isnt too high for a turbo, Ive seen it on a few cars. GL though, its still dangerous. Theres also some programs on excel that allow you to calculate that stuff with just inputting numbers..Ill see if I can get you that.

Comment

what kind of beer was in that bong?

oh, and clean 240. i commend you for getting a 2way instead of staying with a locked diff for the rest of your life haha.

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                    what kind of beer was in that bong?

oh, and clean 240. i commend you for getting a 2way instead of staying with a locked diff for the rest of your life haha.
                    beer was budweiser

... the 2 way instead of a locked diff? you mean welded? i never had a welded diff., i went from open to 2 way, or maybe im just confused

Comment

What header did you use? Was it a cheapy from ebay?

Comment

header? i see no header. i see a turbo manifold however

Comment

Originally posted by dreamdrivedrift
                          header? i see no header. i see a turbo manifold however
                          LOL! damn simantics. heh

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver2
                            LOL! damn simantics. heh
                            i actually picked it up from a fellow on zilvia, its actually quite a nice tubular manifold, it hasnt cracked, and it will clear jsut about any turbine housing you can throw at it as it offers maximum Brake master cylinder clearance, i have actually had open offers upwards of 300 bucks for it, for the shear fact that it has a thick wall and will clear any turbo possible, i just looked for pics and cannot find any, DAMN

EDIT, FOUND PICS YAYA

Last edited by s15driftking; 03-27-2006, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Not to bad at all. ive never seen one like that.
                              Any idea who made it?

Comment

Working...
                              X