ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a 1987 bmw 325es 5spd be a good drifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a 1987 bmw 325es 5spd be a good drifter?

If it is could I maybe get some advice on some performance parts dealers and which parts to get and what kind of motors could I swap out for this 1987 bmw 325es? also i am a beginner drifter so yeah is there any other cars that I could set up for 3000 to start out with thats not including the car price and I know of the 240sx and the corrolla but what about an z31 300z. are there any cars that are on average under 2000 and have an lsd maybe stock?
    Last edited by nissanpower; 11-16-2006, 05:02 PM.

The 325 is a very good car from beginner to expert. European drifters utilize this car all of the time. Certain parts can get pricey, but if you want some help getting parts, I have a sponsor that is based out of TN and NC that can get your parts for cheap.

-Dave

P.S. Don't let anyone down talk the eta engine, it has excellent response in the low end, the only time you're going to notice any fault is if you try to wind out 2nd gear. My 325 has the diff from a 99 M Coupe and it responds to drift inputs just fine. Also an E36 steering rack would be a nice upgrade as well if you don't like the 4-turn lock-to-lock. I have a lot of information simply because I've taught a lot of students that utilized this platform and also use this car in competition.

The ES has a 3 clutch LSD that has the 2.93 rear end. What you are going to want to do is add a 3.23 gear set or a 4th clutch and that will increase your lock ratio to 80 percent and also give you a lot better slides while holding on to daily drivability.

Take care and let me know if you need anything else at all, parts info, instruction . . .anything at all.

-Dave

Comment

I used to have 325 e ... now building a 325i revs higher...more horses to start with...but e is also ok...good car definately...

Comment

Working...
      X