X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Las Vegas 2009

(FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Las Vegas 2009

Please post your feedback on this thread
    Also, remember the next Formula Drift event will take place in less than 1 month.

NO MORE TIMES!!!

we need to go back to the "only 1 OMT" rule. It was there for a reason... it worked! The event dragged on too long

the driving was amazing, the heat sucked, but I can't wait for the next event! BEST VEGAS EVARRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

It was about after the bunny hop I think, but damn it took forever to get cars on track. Before that the action was good and they were running back to back almost without a pause but then in around the top 4 rounds it slowed down a lot.

That feint-style entry was amazing though, it would be nice if drivers who were not doing and just ebraking in were marked down in judging points.

Comment

Well my post about last years pretty much sums this on up as well. But a few notes must be said.

What happened to the monitor? No instant replays, no scores.... even though it gets pretty blurry at that track, we really need it. Maybe the course needs two monitors.

-Judging
        Seriously judges, you guys need to become more nitpicky in tandem. No need to call one more time because you want a defenitive winner(until one driver spins or just tottaly looses it). If driver A spins on one run and driver B corrects on the second...DRIVER B WINS!!!! Spins and crashes are nothing compared to understeering and corrections.

With that being said, I'm a DA fan and I feel that Ryan screwed Ueo.
        That battle shouldn't have gone to OMT. Ryan hit Ueo causing himself to hop in the air and Ueo to loose drift. 0 POINTS!! Second run Ueo has just a bit of correction....OMT!!??!!?? This time Ueo was correcting bad..... on his chase run but everything was even on his lead one.... Ueo shoulda lost but we have OMT!!!! Maybe the judges want to see another "bunny hop".

Ueos lead lap was about even, if not Ryan had a little lead. Second run, coming out the sweeper towards the inner clip.... Ryan straitens out (wheels and everything) and reinitiates right in front of the judges stand and Ueo taps him just a little bit and Ryan walks off like he was planning on doing that. Didn't run the rest of the course, didn't stop to check out the damage and let everyone know hes ok... but just rolled off.

When the video comes out, notice Ryans angle, his wheels, and his smoke.... he was not drifting when he was hit. Ueo/Drift Speed got screwed.

/rant

But yea, Judges step up your game... be more decisive. Make a decision, explain your decision... keep the show rolling.

-The Course
        Why was it changed? Why was there even a sweeper? The small turn towards the end of the night everyone was bypassing.Why not just have a straight manly entry? Or why not push the starting like back another 10 meters and make them initiate alot earlier into the first little chicane (or what ever that little baby turn was). Again, things that make almost no sense in regards of change.

You guys went by the schedual, and the schedual was good. And the track staff had a much better attitude this year!!!! A+ for that!!!

Will be there next year no matter what.

I give this event a A-!!
        Last edited by Bebop; 07-13-2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Overall, it was a good event. The heat was rough, but we got through it.

I would have liked to have seen some better shooting locations for media, and also a bit more lighting (maybe 1 big set of lights in the middle of the sweeper?). I do want to thank Jim as he was able to make one of the shooting locations substantially bigger and much closer to the action after practice on Thursday. But shooting after the sun went down was pretty tough...

Top 16 on really dragged... lots of downtime, a few too many one-more-time runs. But the tandem runs were really exciting!

I agree with Yo, we need to go back to the only 1 OMT rule. Maybe have a rule that if they are tied after 4 runs, the higher-qualified driver moves on (since that will place even more emphasis on qualifying). Or something similar.... I just want to see a decision made in a reasonable amount of time, and move on. When you already have to sit thru 64 tandem runs (16 top 32s + 8 top 16's + 4 top 8's + 2 top 4 + consolation + final x 2 runs per battle), it's tough enough. I think we might have hit 100 runs with all the one-more-times.

People get bored with Nascar because it's the same thing over and over again for 4 hours straight. Top 16 starts to feel that way... It took nearly 3 hours to finish top 16, plus another 2 hours for top 32. I was tandem'd out!
          Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 07-13-2009, 02:08 PM.

Comment

What did you guys think of the track layout this year vs. last year?

Alex?

Comment

I liked this layout alot better. Even from the crowd aspect you could see more of what was going on. The only thing was the yellow lines on the ground were hard to see.
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

The OMTs were killing everyone in the crowd. It was so hot. Nice most of the action was at night. Ueo/red Driftspeed car got screwed hard. Way hard. I was rooting for Ryan the whole time but even if ueo braked during the initiation the chase car should allow enough room to copy or better the lead cars line or maneuvers, wrong?

Comment

Alex, it was really good to see you out there again. Man, that thing was a beast!

Great job.

Comment

Also I just reminded myself of something, what the hell is going to be done when people are pouring out too much smoke? In this event both Tanner and Tyler were making a lot of smoke, so much that at least a few times the chase driver had to back off or completely missed the apex of a turn. Somehow I can see this being a huge problem in the future when a lot more people are making smoke like that from their big nascar engines. Just wondering what could be done about it if anything, I would much rather see people battling than smoke screened out of the match because they can't see anything, it sort of sucks.

Comment

^ Good point.

Solution?

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                        Also I just reminded myself of something, what the hell is going to be done when people are pouring out too much smoke? In this event both Tanner and Tyler were making a lot of smoke, so much that at least a few times the chase driver had to back off or completely missed the apex of a turn. Somehow I can see this being a huge problem in the future when a lot more people are making smoke like that from their big nascar engines. Just wondering what could be done about it if anything, I would much rather see people battling than smoke screened out of the match because they can't see anything, it sort of sucks.
                        Smoke vision goggles, that's the only thing I can say.

Limiting smoke is like limiting angle... just not in the drift constitution

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                          Limiting smoke is like limiting angle... just not in the drift constitution
                          I realize that, it would almost seem wrong to outlaw a lot of smoke, but I see it getting really bad soon. Even the matches I saw where the driver had to back off were disappointing because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                            I realize that, it would almost seem wrong to outlaw a lot of smoke, but I see it getting really bad soon. Even the matches I saw where the driver had to back off were disappointing because of that.
                            I think its going to come down how the drivers run there lines... either side to side action.... or we might see more drivers going in for the tighter pass line.

it will all pan out soon

Comment

Working...
                            X